BCD996xt - Quickly moving between System QuickKeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2IRT

Hi all,
By default I'm now scanning system quick keys 01, 02, 03, 04, 07, 08 and 00 upon power-up, representing two conventional and five trunked systems from nearby. Something I still don't understand is how to quickly go to one specific QK system. With everything being scanned, what if I want to rapidly just scan the state PD (SQK 8)? Or what if I want to lock in a specific talkgroup or conventional frequency from one of the other systems? Is there any easy way to navigate through scanned systems?

Thanks again to one and all.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If you want to hold on a system, press and hold HOLD for 3 seconds while on that system. Repeat to remove system hold.

More than one system can be assigned to the same SQK, so if you want to limit to just the systems assigned to that SQK you need to disable the other SQKs (for example, if you want to scan the systems assigned only to SQK 1, you'd press 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, and 0 to toggle the others off).

W2IRT

OK, I get all that, but I'm not sure what I'm after is possible. Here's an example. I'm listening out of the corner of my ear and hear a call on my town's PD conventional channel, which is SQK 1, channel 1. By the time I can move my hand to the scanner to press HOLD, it's resumed scan and has locked in on a long transmission by the state PD on SQK 8. Pressing SCAN again, it locks onto something else. By the time I get back to SQK1 the interesting call is over or I've missed pertinent details, etc.

In the above instances, I would normally have to press 234780 to disable everything else except 1 ("Local"), then HOLD and scroll to my desired agency (or TG in the case of a TRS).

Is there any faster way of doing this or something with fewer keystrokes, which can be invoked while in SCAN mode?

Or take an even simpler example. I'm in scan of all of these systems and there's currently no activity on anything. So let's say I just want to focus on one system for the moment. I can press hold but can't be guaranteed I'll be on the system I want to go to, or I can press 234780 to get to 1. But again, that seems to be going at it the long way. Is there any shortcut to activate just one system out of many?

W2IRT

In this specific example I'm not so much interested in going to a specific channel as I am a system. Going from scanning 10 systems to scanning 1 system with a couple of quick key presses rather than deselecting every system that's currently enabled. Remember, we're talking about actual SCANNING (ID-SCAN) not going into "manual mode." or HOLD mode.

I assigned Number Tags that matched the system quick key assignments. When I invoked system 1 (HOLD+1+.+MENU) it went to an arbitrary channel in system 1.

There is a zero chance I'm going to remember 999 SNTs/CHNTs along with all the SQKs and GQKs. This is far too complex and with too many keystrokes to use when driving. Perhaps I'm asking the impossible, or just phrasing my request incorrectly?

W2IRT

Another example, I assigned a number key to a trunked system and all that happens is it goes to the first control channel or frequency of that trunked radio system. What I would want it to do is start scanning either a group of TGs, or the entire system of talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.