BCD396XT/BCD996XT: BCD996xt Recording Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt9513

I'm having a problem with choosing which channels I can and cannot record. According to the terms of service with broadastify, I cannot broadcast my county's aviation unit, but I still want to listen to it. I tried multiple time to make it so the aviation channel was not recording out, but it still does. Does anybody have any advice?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
MENU --> PROGRAM SYSTEM --> (select the system, then E) --> EDIT GROUP --> (select the channel group, then E) --> EDIT CHANNEL --> (select the channel, then E) --> SET RECORD --> make sure it is OFF.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Make sure you don't have the channel programmed twice.

You can double check the channel by pressing E while the scanner is stopped on the channel that still has REC OUT enabled. Then, scroll to SET RECORD and check the setting.

Matt9513

Upon further investigation, the record out feature doesn't work on any of my channels. Now the only way to stop it from recording is to lock out the channels.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
MENU --> PROGRAM SYSTEM --> (select the system) --> SYSTEM OPTIONS --> SET RECORD --> change from "ALL CHANNEL" to "MARKED CHANNEL" or OFF.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Could it be possible that you have that frequency programmed into the 996 twice? What I'd do is this: if you're using FreeScan, for example, open the program and download the scanner contents to a blank file. That way, you'll see everything on the scanner. Then, search for the specific frequency. If, for example, you've changed the name of the System or Group without taking proper precautions, you may have accidentally populated the 996 with the same frequencies twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.