BCD996XT resume after programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2IRT

After I do an upload to my 996 I find that whatever I was scanning before the upload is suddenly disabled and only one system QuickKey is enabled. I know it's possible to control this but I can't find the description of how to set it.

Essentially I want the 996 to keep scanning the groups it was running before the upload started, unless one of those groups was locked out or deleted in the upload process. Any idea where to make these changes?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
What kind of software are you using? If it is ARC XT, you probably want to first read your quick key status and save that. Then upload your revisions to include sending that quick key status.

W2IRT

I'm using Freescan (I have ARC XT Pro but prefer Freescan's interface). I have the options "Send system Quick Key Status" and "Automatically Resume Scanning" selected on the upload interface page.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
After I set my scanners they way I want them I download them back to my FreeScan and save it. That way when I add programming to the FreeScan and upload to the scanner I have the same settings each time.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
After I set my scanners they way I want them I download them back to my FreeScan and save it. That way when I add programming to the FreeScan and upload to the scanner I have the same settings each time.

I do this too. Sometimes you make changes on the fly and forget exactly what they are so this method assures they become permanent by writing them to your home base pc or laptop.

W2IRT

I would also make a suggestion here: Save your codeplug files to something like Dropbox or SkyDrive, iCloud, etc. So you can edit to your heart's content on your home or shack PC, save the file to the Cloud, then have it immediately on your laptop when you go to program a radio installed in your vehicle outside. Plus it makes for safe and convenient storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.