bcd996xt scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

denebru

i had this bcd996xt for a couple weeks now. i programmed all the info for the saskatchewan area especially northern saskatchewan stony rapids area.i have different software like freescan,arcxtpro ,and scanmaster,but i can`t seem to pick up the transmissions from rcmp.anybody can help me would be fine.any shhets i can copy would be fine

mobile1

Thats a very nice scanner you have there denebru

You want to search for a P25 control channel in your area start at 138.000 Mhz in 15 Khz = 0.0150 MHz steps up to 139,5000 Mhz until you find one ok, Good hunting .

colby4601

Where in Saskatchewan are you located? Are you in Northern Saskatchewan? If you are in Northern Saskatchewan, there are not any sites for the P25 system that have been logged up there. You will need to search between 138 and 140 MHz for a control channel noise. Fleetnet should still be active up there.

denebru

frequencies

i know what the frequencies are but to program it is a somnething else.all the info i get from radioreference,the control tower is from moosejaw or from regina i`m not sure where

colby4601

Way up there! Haha.. You need to do a search on your BCD996XT between 138 and 140 MHz. There will be a control channel for your area somewhere in that range of frequencies.

The Regina and Moose Jaw control channels are for those areas. Every area has their own control channel. Try the search and let us know what you come up with.

Do you know how to program the P25 system using any of that software? You can still import all the sites and talkgroups for the province, however you will need to leave your scanner in search and manually program the control channel for your area.

colby4601

I see you have a Premium Subscription and as you mentioned, you have the different software. I would suggest uploading the P25 system using your premium subscription and software to your scanner and then manually programming the control channel in after. Does something like that make sense?

denebru

sure does ,i will try that,i did get transmission ffom the control tower from moosejaw.an did hear talking between the rcmp officers in digital voice 138.5550,and 138.63000.

mobile1

You may be looking for something that is not there !

I had to look at a map to see where you are. And the map said NAD = no accurate description, but I did find it. You maybe looking for a control channel that is not there! Why would that P25 site even be trunked ? A conventional P25 repeater maybe in use way.. way.. way.. way..up there.

colby4601

Stony Rapids is on the P25 system and they do have their own talkgroup with Black Lake, Fond-du-Lac. I would believe that they have a trunked site up there.

When there was testing on the Stony Rapids tg just when it was being implemented, traffic could be heard on the tg from Stony Rapids itself, not just the unit in Regina.

I believe there is a site up there unless they are patching everything together?

mobile1

All 100 channels in the DB ?

Well you may be right about this Colby. I look at the problem this way. All 100 of the P25 system's channels should be in ths Data Base so that premium subscribers like denebru can just download it and be good to go. What did he just pay for ? His Uniden should be trunking the system now but it is not. We must have a DB that works so that the premium subscribers get what they paid for. I have to post/give out working GRE/RS files all the time because of this.If I had a working file for a Uniden I could help him out now, but i don't . We must do something to fix the data base, Colby.

colby4601

I'm not disagreeing with you, mobile1. But I am not allowed to put unconfirmed data into the database. If I had all the site numbers, I would most definitely update the database. Until we get more submissions from different areas around the province, there is nothing I can do. I'm sorry.

mobile1

Unconfirmed data?

I understand that Colby. Things will have to change because the new GRE700 and RS Pro107 scanners are changing the way programming will be done. If I purchase one of these new scanners the Sask P25 DB information as it is now, will never get it to work. We know 138.000 MHz is the base and the step size is 15 KHz and there are 100 channels = high channel of 139.500 MHz. How do I know this ? Industry Canada technical requirements for land mobile radio and fixed radio services operating in the band 138-144 MHz pages 16+17. Pro96com , Unitrunker and Industry Canada confirmed this data . I guess I will be giving out files for years to come.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I'm not disagreeing with you, mobile1. But I am not allowed to put unconfirmed data into the database. If I had all the site numbers, I would most definitely update the database. Until we get more submissions from different areas around the province, there is nothing I can do. I'm sorry.

The solution for "unconfirmed" data as told to me has been to put it in the wiki. I've run afoul of that rule before myself and I don't agree with it either, but there it is.

Note that it is not possible to download from the wiki into the scanner, but that is evidently not a concern to those making the rules. If you do post the data there, at least it's available.

BC_Scan

Until the database is updated by people who have the gear & are the foot soldiers and do the work, nothing will change, here in BC it is the same thing, I can site you one example from each of our trunked radio systems with in complete data in it, I have done the research & looked at being a database administrator but for some reason I met the stone wall of resistance? I continously update scanners & attempt to figure it out , like I have been doing since I first heard a scanner in 1979, there were no lists of who's who, so meanwhile we have to all work together & submit and hope it all pans out in the end,i feel you frustration but can only encourage you to keep posting & maintain accurate information for further submissions.

colby4601

I may have a solution, for Saskatchewan at least. I'm just looking it over with someone to see if it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.