BCD996XT somehow disabled system from scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

dons1957

Premium Subscriber
I was trying to use the function mode on my scanner and whatever I did, I am unable to scan one of my systems. I tried deleting and re-uploading the system, but it still will not scan. any ideas what I may have done?

dons1957

Premium Subscriber
what I was trying to do is unlock one of the other systems "railroad". so I had the scanner on hold and held in the knob to activate function mode. then I'm not sure what I hit, but 2 of my systems are in-scannable. when I scroll over to them I have the system quick key number in the top row, and in the group row below it there is an asterisk.

kmi8dy

enter the number of the system via key pad of the systems you want to hear. it will change from an " * " to the number. " * " means that there is a system programmed, but has not been selected to be heard. remember if the number of the system is greater then 9, you must first push the " .no " key first then the actual number.

dons1957

Premium Subscriber
no, the system number shows up, but there is an * in the lower row (groups). this isn't simply locked out.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
The asterisk in the lower (groups) row indicates that the groups on that system have been turned off. The system is still scanning, but with the groups turned off, there is nothing to scan.To turn them back on, while the system is scanning, push the function knob then the group number you want to turn on. For example, to turn on group 1, push function then the number 1.

I hope this helps,
-Gary

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
while in the scan mode, Try pressing in on the function knob until it locks on (2 or 3 seconds) scroll to the system your having trouble with and hit the number of group keys that aren't showing up. then tap function again. See if that works.

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you can. Turning group keys on or off doesn't affect the scanning of the system itself (unless, of course, all the groups are turned off). So you can have System 1, Group 1 for example.
I hope this helps,

-Gary

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
System Quick Keys are independent of Group Quick Keys.

With System Quick Keys, the valid numbers are 0-99. To toggle on/off a SQK, press the number (if it's 10 or higher, press the period . button first).

Group Quick Keys are 0-9 and they are part of the system being scanned. To toggle GQK, while the scanner is scanning the system, press Function knob, then the GQK number.

D

DaveNF2G

Group Quick Keys are 0-9 and they are part of the system being scanned. To toggle GQK, while the scanner is scanning the system, press Function knob, then the GQK number.

GQKs are also 0-99.

Status
Not open for further replies.