BCD996XT trunking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tractorlady

Premium Subscriber
I just uploaded all the info for Dent County Missouri using Freescan, but still am not receiving any calls from Sheriff department (trunked). What should I look for, or can someone look at my file for me? I have other scanners but they are using the conventional method. I am new to the trunking aspect.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just uploaded all the info for Dent County Missouri using Freescan, but still am not receiving any calls from Sheriff department (trunked). What should I look for, or can someone look at my file for me? I have other scanners but they are using the conventional method. I am new to the trunking aspect.
Hi & welcome to RadioReference

Make sure that, when you imported the system information (did you use the trunk system import in FreeSCAN?), that you imported the two sites for your county, as well as the talkgroup for the Sheriff's Department.

The two listed sites (transmit towers) for Dent County on MOSWIN are:
Cherryville 1CE 3(3) 011(B)
and
Salem 1CE 3(3) 030(1E)

The only listed talkgroup for your county is 4503, Dent County Sheriff: Dispatch.

If you'd like to post your file, so someone can take a look at it, you'd need to attach it to your replay. However, the FreeSCAN file extension is not a permitted file type. You can "zip" it with a file utility such as WinZip or the free 7Zip, then attach the compressed file. Or you can add an extra file extension name to it. For example: If your file was named 'Dent.996' (without the quotes, of course), then either rename it 'Dent.996.txt' or 'Dent.txt' (leaving off the quotes from the actual file name). The re-named file can then be attached to a post (see Manage Attachments, below the text editing window).

Status
Not open for further replies.