BCD996XT UIDS changer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFR85

I'm a new user to this scanner. I was told on here awhile back I think by private message or exchanged AIM I was able to change the Unit ID# (UIDS) to whoever is talking. For example Engine 1. Is that possible to do? If so please provide a detail step by step instruction on how to do it

scanningisfun

I'm a new user to this scanner. I was told on here awhile back I think by private message or exchanged AIM I was able to change the Unit ID# (UIDS) to whoever is talking. For example Engine 1. Is that possible to do? If so please provide a detail step by step instruction on how to do it

You make a channel with that UID/RID by pressing ./No and then the UID/RID. You then make a name for that channel which would be what you want it to say whenever that radio is active. Make a group called UID's and don't give that group a quick key. You will put all the UID channels in that group

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System ------> Edit Group ------> New Group -----> Edit Channel -----> New Channel
-----------------------------------------------[UID Group]-----------------------------------[Follow Steps Above]

NFR85

You make a channel with that UID/RID by pressing ./No and then the UID/RID. You then make a name for that channel which would be what you want it to say whenever that radio is active. Make a group called UID's and don't give that group a quick key. You will put all the UID channels in that group

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System ------> Edit Group ------> New Group -----> Edit Channel -----> New Channel
-----------------------------------------------[UID Group]-----------------------------------[Follow Steps Above]

I doesnt show UID group it shows Input TGID

scanningisfun

I doesnt show UID group it shows Input TGID

I know it says TGID. When it prompts you to enter the TGID press "./No" which will make the letter i appear. You then enter the UID/RID number. Don't worry about where it says TGID. Remember to put them in a group like I said with no quick key, it will be more organized. In my last post I said just to name the group with the UID's something like UID group so you know those are the UID's. There is no group type to set when inputting UID's.

Last edited:

NFR85

I know it says TGID. When it prompts you to enter the TGID press "./No" which will make the letter i appear. You then enter the UID/RID number. Don't worry about where it says TGID. Remember to put them in a group like I said with no quick key, it will be more organized. In my last post I said just to name the group with the UID's something like UID group so you know those are the UID's. There is no group type to set when inputting UID's.

Ok here here what I did.

1. Edit Group

2. New Group

3. Named It UIDS

4. Edit Channel

5. Input TGID Hit No Key went to I and the numbers

6. Edit Name

7. Changed the name to what I want

Is that correct?

Last edited:

NFR85

Also with my Dept Nashua Police i had most of the UDIDS but the next day its different. So Ie. If I wanted Sector 12 that ID changes, anyone else expierence that?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Also with my Dept Nashua Police i had most of the UDIDS but the next day its different. So Ie. If I wanted Sector 12 that ID changes, anyone else expierence that?

That will happen alot where radios change hands at shift change.
Example here is that a local PD squad car with the UID of .31233 (731233) will
be Radio Callsign 311 on day shift. Day shift officer leaves and night officer has to use the
dayshift officer's squad car due to lack of extra squad cars. His UID will stay the same
even though his Radio Callsign changes to 411.

Think of the UID as like a cellphone # that can be viewed via Caller ID. One person uses it for day shift and gives it to the night shift person. That phone number will still show the same # on caller ID even though a different person has it.

Marshall KE4ZNR

Is it possible to use the UID/RID as a channel as mentioned before and hold on that specific channel to follow the specific radio around various TG's?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to use the UID/RID as a channel as mentioned before and hold on that specific channel to follow the specific radio around various TG's?

Nope.
But if you start to use external trunked system monitoring software tools such as
Trunk88 or Unitrunker with your 396XT/996XT you can setup alerts within those software programs for a specific RID/UID.

Marshall KE4ZNR

scanningisfun

If it is a fixed radio in the engine, then it would be the same all the time. If they do switch radios I would program the name as close as I could get to who is using it. (Ex. I would program a portable that switches hands between Police Officers between shifts as "PD Unit". You will usually know anyways when it's an Officer or a dispatcher... ;) )

NFR85

That will happen alot where radios change hands at shift change.
Example here is that a local PD squad car with the UID of .31233 (731233) will
be Radio Callsign 311 on day shift. Day shift officer leaves and night officer has to use the
dayshift officer's squad car due to lack of extra squad cars. His UID will stay the same
even though his Radio Callsign changes to 411.

Think of the UID as like a cellphone # that can be viewed via Caller ID. One person uses it for day shift and gives it to the night shift person. That phone number will still show the same # on caller ID even though a different person has it.

Marshall KE4ZNR

Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.