BCD996XT vs. GRE PSR-600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tau44

GRE PSR-600 or BCD996XT , I can't decide? I was going with the BCD996XT but then I read where the GRE has better digital decoding? So I don't know which one is best? Has anyone heard of there are any new scanners that are better digital coming out soon? i would hate to buy one now and three months or so a better one comes out. Which one is the better scanner?

Below came off the scanmaster.com website?
Which Radio Do I Want to Buy? Once you decide you want to buy a new scanner it is time to decide which one to get. Assuming that you want a high-end handheld digital scanner you have to decide then which one, the GRE/RadioShack (just called the GRE from here on out) or the BCD996XT.

The GRE is better if these are most important to you:

* Better digital decoding, especially on simulcast systems. * You prefer a radio with better audio. * If you don't want or need the extra features of the BCD996XT * If you are not bothered by excessive strong-signal interference. * If you need higher sensitivity. * You like to have Virtual Scanners available to you.

You will want the BCD996XT if these are more important:

* You prefer a more solidly built radio. * You prefer a larger and more detailed display. * If you want the amazing feature-set of the BCD996XT * You prefer the Banks/Systems/Groups method of programming. * You need or want the GPS features. * You will use the radio in a high interference area. * You want to have a lot of channels available all the time. * When fire tone-out capability is important. * You monitor a large networked system with multiple sites.

Tau44

I live more in a rural setting town of about 40,000 but have some larger towns 40 miles from here. 150,000 people plus.

I know the BCD996XT does the Trunk IV channels but i can't find where GRE 600 does the Trunk IV channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.