BCD996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyo996xt

Recently used FreeScan to setup radio. Uploaded files fine - no errors - all the screen says is Scan Mode
Nothing to Scan. What's my next step? FYI - VERY new to this scanner stuff.

DJ88

Go to Freescan, click on the names of the systems you have programmed, and check each one as follows:

Under the System Name, make sure Lock Out isn't checked. If it is, click on the check mark to remove it.

If that's okay, make sure you assigned each group a Quick Key number. After that, go to the bottom of the page where it says Enable/Disable Groups. If all of the boxes next to the numbers are blank, none of your groups are enabled and therefore, there is nothing to scan. You must have at least one group enabled in order for the scanner to have something to scan. To enable a group number, click on the appropriate box to put a check mark in it. And, of course, you would want to enable all groups you want to listen to.

If you need further help or explanation. post and we'll try to help you out.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Or better still, compress your .996 file into a zip archive (using WinZip, 7-Zip or any of the popular compression tools that support that format) and let's see what you have. No sense in shooting in the dark when seeing the file will likely put you on the right path.

When you reply, scroll down a bit and you'll see a box called 'Manage Attachments'. Follow the instructions in the frame that results when you click it

best regards..Mike

wyo996xt

After re-uploading here is what the unload screen says. 1 system, 2 groups, 27 channels. This is all correct. But now I see this error: unable to set WX. No APCO band plan avaliable for Site 1. After looking deeper into the FreeScan setup options I see that a P25 setup has a tab with Frequencies, positions and spacing. Where do I go from here??

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You probably have all of your quick keys locked out. Pressing the number while in the scan mode associated with the quick key will turn it on. If it is greater than 9 type the period button first, for example .10

That's an easy one to deal with

Status
Not open for further replies.