BCDx36 QuickKey report generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
When I started using sentinel. I found it a bit hard to remember the favorite list quick keys, system quick keys, dept quick keys, etc.

I made a script that parses the files in your favorites list folder, and creates a printable report for the quick keys. This is a screenshot of the output

ThMKyD6.png

Be sure to have quick keys set in Sentinel before running this.
Sentinel tip: right click your system and click program, go into the column that says quick key
Instead of clicking on every cell, setting the quick key, use your keyboard. Press the quick key number desired, then press enter to advance onto the next row. Illustration

Download: http://tylerwatt12.com/sdr/files/software/Sentinel Report Creator.zip

When you run the .bat, you might get a firewall notification, unblock it because a web browser window will open where you can print the report.

If you used a custom sentinel folder location, you will need to modify your url to reflect this.

If you're concerned about security: The source code is all readable, for the script I wrote, just open the php or bat file in notepad. For mongoose server's source code, it's available here http://cesanta.com/downloads.html

Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber
On behalf of the Academy I'd like to award you the 1st HP Sacncademy Award - with a name yet to be determined.

I don't even have one, yet. But thanks. From doing this back in the Lotus 123 days to now we have come a long way.

wise871

Database Admin
This is awesome. Thank you very much. When I run mine I get the channel listing also. How do I get it to look like your example?

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
This is awesome. Thank you very much. When I run mine I get the channel listing also. How do I get it to look like your example?

Oh, forgot to set a variable back when I zipped the folder.

I just updated the main link to show 'no' by default. You can redownload it. Make sure you close mongoose server by right clicking the tray icon.

troymail

Silent Key
VERY nice! And I was just asking for something like this earlier today. Awesome.

I'd still like to see something added to Sentinel that allows us to view our favorites from a "Quick Key" perspective - which allows for modification of the quick key settings, etc.

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
Any chance you can create an option to output a simple QK chart minus the talkgroup lists part?

Grab a new copy. I've added system and department avoiding, and nested reporting levels so you get a customized view of what you want to see.

CKennedy4812

When I downloaded the program my McAfee virus protection software sent me a notice that it had removed a trojan from my computer. When I try to run the program it says "Windows cannot find mongoose.exe."

XTS3000

Wish it worked in Windows XP. All I get is errors with XP.

Finished
Warning: fopen(\FavoriteLists\f_list.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Uniden\HomePatrol\FavoriteLists\bin\web_root\index.php on line 15

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Uniden\HomePatrol\FavoriteLists\bin\web_root\index.php on line 21

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Uniden\HomePatrol\FavoriteLists\bin\web_root\index.php on line 25

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Again, very nice. Some feature/option requests?

1. QK settings for sites are not displaying. Can this be added? Example: I have a system where a department (group of talkgroups) has a QK assigned but this system has two sites and I've assigned a QK to each of the sites also to allow enable/disable of the sites.

2. Any chance of getting a "collapsed" or further condensed "cheat sheet" / pocket card format for systems/departments? Perhaps like this:

6.1.1 State + Federal / Federal / Law Enforcement FBI
6.1.2 State + Federal / Federal / Law Enforcement Secret Service
6.1.3 State + Federal / Federal / Law Enforcement TSA
6.1.4 State + Federal / Federal / Law Enforcement USPS
6.1.5 State + Federal / Federal / CBP
6.1.6 State + Federal / Federal / Various Fed
7.1.1 Cleveland Police + Fire / ... / Berea
7.1.2 Cleveland Police + Fire / ... / Brook Park

etc.

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
Wish it worked in Windows XP. All I get is errors with XP.

Finished
Warning: fopen(\FavoriteLists\f_list.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Uniden\HomePatrol\FavoriteLists\bin\web_root\index.php on line 15

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Uniden\HomePatrol\FavoriteLists\bin\web_root\index.php on line 21

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Uniden\HomePatrol\FavoriteLists\bin\web_root\index.php on line 25

Can you open sentinel, go into Tools>Options and post your 'Sentinel Folder' location?

When I downloaded the program my McAfee virus protection software sent me a notice that it had removed a trojan from my computer. When I try to run the program it says "Windows cannot find mongoose.exe."

Comes up as a false positive on some systems. I can assure you it's clean though, you may have to disable your AV for a few minutes.

Again, very nice. Some feature/option requests?

1. QK settings for sites are not displaying. Can this be added? Example: I have a system where a department (group of talkgroups) has a QK assigned but this system has two sites and I've assigned a QK to each of the sites also to allow enable/disable of the sites.

2. Any chance of getting a "collapsed" or further condensed "cheat sheet" / pocket card format for systems/departments? Perhaps like this:

6.1.1 State + Federal / Federal / Law Enforcement FBI
6.1.2 State + Federal / Federal / Law Enforcement Secret Service
6.1.3 State + Federal / Federal / Law Enforcement TSA
6.1.4 State + Federal / Federal / Law Enforcement USPS
6.1.5 State + Federal / Federal / CBP
6.1.6 State + Federal / Federal / Various Fed
7.1.1 Cleveland Police + Fire / ... / Berea
7.1.2 Cleveland Police + Fire / ... / Brook Park

etc.

I'll see what I can do later today.

DMSROX2

Thank you for your work in creating this. Some type of report helps me get my head around the structure of this new radio and your method beats manually entering all the data into Excel or some other way. Thanks again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

waynedc

Premium Subscriber
This looks promising however I get the same error message and that is using either Windows XP or Windows 7. My BCDx36HP software is installed to the default location including the data files. Maybe you could give us a short tutorial on editing the correct file to point to our files. Thanks again...

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
This looks promising however I get the same error message and that is using either Windows XP or Windows 7. My BCDx36HP software is installed to the default location including the data files. Maybe you could give us a short tutorial on editing the correct file to point to our files. Thanks again...

If you are using the default location, in windows 7 and 8, you want dirname to equal

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Uniden\BCDx36HP

If it still doesn't work, open said folder in explorer, go into favorite lists folder, and make sure you have f_list and f_00000# files in there.

Last edited:

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
I get these error messages:

Warning: fopen(\FavoriteLists\f_list.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\uniden\Sentinel Report Creator\bin\web_root\index.php on line 15

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\uniden\Sentinel Report Creator\bin\web_root\index.php on line 21

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\uniden\Sentinel Report Creator\bin\web_root\index.php on line 25

The Sentinel data files are in the default locations but the Sentinel program itself is in d:\uniden and that's where I installed the Sentinel Report Creator folder. Where should the report creator be installed?

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
I get these error messages:

Warning: fopen(\FavoriteLists\f_list.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\uniden\Sentinel Report Creator\bin\web_root\index.php on line 15

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\uniden\Sentinel Report Creator\bin\web_root\index.php on line 21

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\uniden\Sentinel Report Creator\bin\web_root\index.php on line 25

The Sentinel data files are in the default locations but the Sentinel program itself is in d:\uniden and that's where I installed the Sentinel Report Creator folder. Where should the report creator be installed?

fopen(\FavoriteLists\f_list.cfg) means a variable wasn't passed to the web page properly. When the program runs, the .bat file figures out where your uniden favorites list folder is, and sends that command to the webpage. When the web page opens, what is the URL?

waynedc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I have the f_ files in place and Sentinel is working great with 7 favorite lists active. I think your script is point to the same place except one line say \Documents and another says \My%20Documents. Is that correct?

Also, maybe it would help to know where to place the Sentinel Report Creator folder?

Thank again, Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.