BCDx36HP Firmware 1.14.00 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
thats a little werid, there is lot of DMR Tier 2 traffic and that should be fine to see the TG on the tier 2 as well as tier1 (conventional/direct) cause you can still use TGID/UID there also. that shouldnt be reserved for trunking only.
we should see the private calls with the source/target IDs especially.

That what the One Frequency Trunked system type is for. It shows talkgroups and private calls. It also scans much more efficiently than programming each talkgroup as a separate conventional channel. When programmed OFT, the frequency is only checked once, regardless of the number of programmed talkgroups.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
You need to program the frequency as trunked to see talkgroup info.

I am aware of that. However is it displays everything but the tg, I’m sure it couldn’t be too hard to add the tg as well using such feature.

MFCJR

Thank you jonwienke. For some reason I get no encryption muting on my local police on both my 536 HP's

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It probably has something to do with the exact type of encryption, like AES vs ADP.

I've seen similar issues with DMR where some types of encryption are muted and others are not.

MFCJR

I was thinking is was something like that. My PSR 800 does a good job muting the encryption on the same police system. Thanks!

JSteel

Premium Subscriber
I'm wondering if I have the same issue as jonwienke...

Attempt #2 log files. Several voice transmissions heard by the manually tuned 536, nothing at all heard on the 436 monitoring the MotoTRBO trunked system and generating the logs.

There's a system near me that I've been attempting to monitor, for no other reason than it's one of the few DMRs nearby. I programmed the frequencies in as Conventional to grab the system info, and it's registering as a CAP system, complete with a LOT of color codes registering, etc. While scanning the conventional group, I was shocked to pick up voice in the clear on two different frequencies (same group of people talking, same CC). Didn't think that was supposed to happen?

So, I set up a MotoTRBO system for CAP per instructions with the same freqs, CC set to Search, LCNs set to 0 as placeholders. LCN Finder doesn't lock onto anything after running for hours. Running the System Status against the system, it does -- eventually -- show a pretty good bar for Q, but zip on the DMR group, and zip on the LCN finder.

Granted I don't have much experience in setting up DMR scanning; I've gotten it to work exactly once before, but the fact that I'm picking up voice on conventionally programmed channels instead of on the CAP-programmed group sounds like what you're experiencing...

Last edited:

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
There's a system near me that I've been attempting to monitor, for no other reason than it's one of the few DMRs nearby. I programmed the frequencies in as Conventional to grab the system info, and it's registering as a CAP system, complete with a LOT of color codes registering, etc. While scanning the conventional group, I was shocked to pick up voice in the clear on two different frequencies (same group of people talking, same CC). Didn't think that was supposed to happen?

So, I set up a MotoTRBO system for CAP per instructions with the same freqs, CC set to Search, LCNs set to 0 as placeholders. LCN Finder doesn't lock onto anything after running for hours. Running the System Status against the system, it does -- eventually -- show a pretty good bar for Q, but zip on the DMR group, and zip on the LCN finder.

Granted I don't have much experience in setting up DMR scanning; I've gotten it to work exactly once before, but the fact that I'm picking up voice on conventionally programmed channels instead of on the CAP-programmed group sounds like what you're experiencing...
What system? Location?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's possible. Scanning conventionally you will hear stuff, but the scanner doesn't track talkgroups. Programmed as a system, you hear nothing when RAS is used, and trunked discovery and LCN finder do nothing.

JSteel

Premium Subscriber
It's possible. Scanning conventionally you will hear stuff, but the scanner doesn't track talkgroups. Programmed as a system, you hear nothing when RAS is used, and trunked discovery and LCN finder do nothing.

That looks like what I'm experiencing. It would make sense if RAS is being used, since they're a pharma manufacturer.

Thanks,
Jeff

Voyager

thats a little werid, there is lot of DMR Tier 2 traffic and that should be fine to see the TG on the tier 2 as well as tier1 (conventional/direct) cause you can still use TGID/UID there also. that shouldnt be reserved for trunking only.
we should see the private calls with the source/target IDs especially.

Program it as One Frequency Trunked and you will see all the info. Problem solved.

Voyager

close call will not detect DMR transmission on one slot because it is only in half time.

That's true only in the case of subscriber units. The repeaters transmit full carrier even if only one slot is in use.

Voyager

it's registering as a CAP system, complete with a LOT of color codes registering, etc. While scanning the conventional group, I was shocked to pick up voice in the clear on two different frequencies (same group of people talking, same CC). Didn't think that was supposed to happen?

It could be a linked Cap+ system. If so, you are hearing the same TG carried on two sites.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
firmware upgrade question re, upgrade keys.

Hey, got a question, i purchased the DMR and NXDN upgrades (went very well BTW, and now i`ll be able to listen to rail chatter after they go to NXDN too :)). What i want to know is, i`m thinking on snagging another `436HP scanner as a backup to the one i have now, will i be able to simply re-enter my current upgrade keys into the new unit or will i hafta repurchase these upgrades? Would be a smidgen nicer if i didn`t hafta re-buy the upgrades, but if i gotta then i guess i gotta. Lso, can i just pop my SD card from my current `436HP into the new one? Should be able to, but i thout i`d ask anyway. Thanx! N9NRA. P.S. Thanx for offering the DMR & NXDN upgrades! The DMR one has been a godsend for me (i depend on the city bus to get around town, can`t drive due to an eye defect) as i can once again listen to the busses and know when to be out at the stop to catch it :D.

budevans

Gotta

Hey, got a question, i purchased the DMR and NXDN upgrades (went very well BTW, and now i`ll be able to listen to rail chatter after they go to NXDN too :)). What i want to know is, i`m thinking on snagging another `436HP scanner as a backup to the one i have now, will i be able to simply re-enter my current upgrade keys into the new unit or will i hafta repurchase these upgrades? Would be a smidgen nicer if i didn`t hafta re-buy the upgrades, but if i gotta then i guess i gotta. Lso, can i just pop my SD card from my current `436HP into the new one? Should be able to, but i thout i`d ask anyway. Thanx! N9NRA. P.S. Thanx for offering the DMR & NXDN upgrades! The DMR one has been a godsend for me (i depend on the city bus to get around town, can`t drive due to an eye defect) as i can once again listen to the busses and know when to be out at the stop to catch it :D.

The title say's it all. You Gotta.

The Keys are unique to each radio/scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.