BCDx36HP Firmware 1.23.00 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

u2brent

OAMPT
What system do I use so I may listen to NXDN in my area than ? like I said I am not good with computers and I do not understand why NXDN is not showing up in the counties around me like Geneva Henry, Houston, Covington, Crenshaw etc. what exactly did I pay money for if the NXDN system is not in Sentinel ?

Only systems that get submitted to Radio Reference by scanner users get into the Sentinel Database. There may be systems near you, but until they are confirmed/verified and submitted they will never appear in Sentinel. I checked the RRDB, in and around your area no NXDN systems are listed, Thus none are in Sentinel either.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
1.23.00 Release Notes (06/12/2018)

• Modified LCN finder for DMR
  • Modified RAS detection for Capacity Plus
Note that LCN finder on DMR system using RAS will not be 100% reliable, since there is no error detection on RAS systems. You might need to run several times, noting the results each time, then selecting the LCN based on all results.
What exactly is the update to the LCN finder for DMR?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
So far performing flawlessly. I will give it the real testing over the next couple of days when its busy as I updated a tad late today, after the number of users on the systems I am working on mapping out had dropped. And this will get interesting on at least one of these as the main user is a school bus company and the schools are almost all out for summer. (Durham I think it is)... *Also hard to verify what is in use on the buses as it would likely have me doing a lot of talking to LEOs if I was to start snooping around school buses, especially with the very recent school shooting we had here. So using the scanner at a distance is only option.*

Last edited by a moderator:

melbournefan

Fantastic!

Seems to have fixed my issues, maybe for the next update in the LCN finder, add a little indercator that says CAP, CON, like the main screen just so we can see if the signal on the signal meter is the actual signal not interference.

Thanks.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that as well. I think that the improvements to digital reception for DMR also affect P25.

Maybe it's my imagination but with every update P25 seems to get better and better.

garys

Premium Subscriber
After entering the CC for the affected sites and changing the digital threshold settings to Manual and 8, performance is much better. It appears that I'm seeing the wrong frequency on the first site in the 900 Mhz system due to some sort of latency issue with Siren. On the two closest to me sites, there are no issues with either my 436 or 536.

I've been watching the display on the 436 using the Virtual Control feature on ARC536. Everything is working as programmed.

kma371

QRT
Link to a specific system ? like the digital frequency search, if not what kind of system are we talking about I am not that good with computers. Thanks for the response

He is asking what system are you trying to monitor that you can't see in sentinel. Provide a link to said system to the database page

osiris

I noticed the same thing on both the 436 & 536 as far as reception.
Both radios are getting P25 simulcast systems better. I have NO DMR NXDN or ProVoice upgrades in my units so I didn't update either one before. Then I saw this posted & did the update & voila better P25 reception.
If I had updated a week ago I might not have pulled the trigger so fast on the SDS199. LOL
Bob

Ubbe

The "monitor TG on wrong slot" issue is back in this version.

If TG1 are active on slot1 and I avoid it, it is still monitored audio wise on slot2 when a user on TG2 on that slot2 releases his PTT. The display show that TG2 are active but the audio from TG1 are heard (and the delay time for TG2 doesn't time out on the TG1 conversation) until the user on TG2 pushes his PTT again. The TGs are set to Any (slot).

/Ubbe

jeffhochberg

Premium Subscriber
I am looking to subscribe to the TWiki updates so I get notified of any changes. According to the TWiki page, there should be a "subscribe" button at the top of the page but I don't see one. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

jeffhochberg

Premium Subscriber
In TWiki or RadioReference? The only options I see in TWiki are Edit and Attach.

A screenshot would be super helpful! I think you're able to see options I am unable to.

bearcat

Sorry to rain on the parade of positivity, but I am seeing an old issue resurface with 1.23.00. System A is DMR CON+ and System B is P25 Trunked Phase II. I am seeing the last active TG from A appear on B when the radio starts scanning B. There is not audio (of course). This was a problem way back in the beginning of DMR. At some point up until now it was fine

Ubbe

Playing recordings of analog conventional channels sometimes display a dmr indicator in the upper corner of the display that seems to be fetched from the next recording in line.

I haven't seen that error in a long time but turned up now. Don't know if it's related to the firmware or if its just a fluke.

/Ubbe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
DT3 is Tier III trunked DMR, so that's not necessarily wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.