BCDx36HP Firmware 1.23.00 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
My SDS100 says that it's firmware is version 1.02.03. When I try to do a firmware update (1.23.00), I'm prompted that the most current version is already installed. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
My SDS100 says that it's firmware is version 1.02.03. When I try to do a firmware update (1.23.00), I'm prompted that the most current version is already installed. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

1.23 is for the 436, not the SDS100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
I see reception improvement on our local Harris P25 Phase 1 system on my x36's with this firmware update. I also see improvement on the latest Beta Firmware for the SDS100 on this same system and they both seem to follow the system close to error free. Will keep monitoring.

bearcat

I just finished reviewing hundreds of recordings, I am seeing TG8 from SysA show up on SysB which has no such TG and there IS audio. The audio is from the correct system but incorrect TG is showing. This problem had been fixed prior to 1.23.00

D

DaveNF2G

Playback of recorded audio still tends to be one RID behind on each transmission on P25.

brischo

Yesterday i updated sentinel and both of my scanners. Today I noticed my 536 is shutting off on its own. It will work fine for a while then turn off and back on again. Any ideas or if it's a known issue please send me in the right direction. Thanks!

bearcat

Yesterday i updated sentinel and both of my scanners. Today I noticed my 536 is shutting off on its own. It will work fine for a while then turn off and back on again. Any ideas or if it's a known issue please send me in the right direction. Thanks!
I checked a bunch of recordings from today and I am not seeing exactly what you are seeing. I see:

Conversation on Sys A (DMR CON+) TG 8 RID 1234 which is correct, then when the radio moves to

Conversation on Sys B (P25) TG 8 and RID 1234 is shown during the first transmission on Sys B which is incorrect.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!

That is usually a card issue. Do you have a spare card you can try?

Do you have a lot of audio recordings on the card?

phask

Premium Subscriber
Please clarify for 436 version 1.23.00 sentinel is latest version?

No 2.00 rev 05 is.

All you need to do is run Sentinel and attempt to update the DB and it will tell you you need to update Sentinel.

Update the DB once and awhile and you would know.

jeffhochberg

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you simply download the latest version of Sentinel from the Uniden site which is valid for the BCD436, 536 and the SDS100. There is a separate version of Sentinel for the HomePatrol-1/2 which is much older and hasn't been updated in quite some time.

Once you install Sentinel 2.00.05 and run it the first time, you'll be asked to identify if you're using a BCD436/546HP or SDS100. Once you select the model, you can simply use it as you would with earlier versions.

If you decide you want to use Sentinel with the SDS100, you simply change the model in a drop-down select. You can switch back-and-forth as needed.

jeffhochberg

Premium Subscriber
I will say that it's very confusing as to which version of Sentinel is the most current for the SDS100. If you search for the word "Sentinel" on info.uniden.com, there are links returned for both the 436 and SDS100. Not to mention they are the 5th and 7th results in the search respectively.

The summary for the 436 states the most recent version is 2.00.05.

The summary for the SDS100 states "Support Files for SDS100 Sentinel 2.00.01 http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD536HP/BCDx36HP Sentinel Version 2 00 02.zip".

Make sure you use this link for all Sentinel downloads for the BCD436HP, BCD536HP AND the SDS100:

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCDx36HPSentinel

The wiki software driving info.uniden.com (TWiki) is antiquated and has a terrible search engine. The current experience is atrocious.

I don't blame people for asking the same questions as others ask.

It would be nice to see Upman push for a modern wiki that makes things easier on everyone.

TWiki must DIE!!!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The new Sentinel is required to update the database. If you don't have it, it will prompt you to download and install the latest version.

The latest firmware fixes bugs that are beneficial even if you haven't purchased any upgrades.

D

DaveNF2G

Once you have installed Sentinel, any version updates are managed by Sentinel itself - mostly. Sentinel will prompt you to download the new version, and after it finishes the download, it will exit. The user must then locate the downloaded file and do the installation. There is no need to uninstall the previous version beforehand.

Ubbe

Once you install Sentinel 2.00.05 and run it the first time, you'll be asked to identify if you're using a BCD436/546HP or SDS100.

It only asks if you on the earlier versions have used both types of scanner, x36 and SDS100. Otherwise it defaults to the only type you have previuosly used.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.