BCDx36HP Firmware Update 1.26.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Release Notes:
1. Change to disable housekeeping when scanning only one site.
2. Support for displaying EA EDACS system ID.
3. Fixed reboot issue with many sessions in user recording mode.
4. Fixed squelch backlight issues.
5. Speed up record file search.
6. Improved the clarity of digital voice.
7. Modified muting issue during analog reception.
8. Modified the valid condition of EDACS system ID.

Haley

Release Notes:
1. Change to disable housekeeping when scanning only one site.
2. Support for displaying EA EDACS system ID.
3. Fixed reboot issue with many sessions in user recording mode.
4. Fixed squelch backlight issues.
5. Speed up record file search.
6. Improved the clarity of digital voice.
7. Modified muting issue during analog reception.
8. Modified the valid condition of EDACS system ID.

Just did the update, thank you for continued support of x36 series! Audio is much better on my local system---MUCH better!

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Quick question: What is "Housekeeping"? I've seen it referring to the SDS units, but a quick forum and Google search don't explain what it actually is. I think it has to do with the scanner returns to the CC when monitoring more than one system, but I am not certain???

Looking forward to the update. Thanks, Paul!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Just did the update, thank you for continued support of x36 series! Audio is much better on my local system---MUCH better!
Exactly what is your local system?

wise871

Database Admin
Is it just me or does function input seem laggy. As I scroll through the menus there seems to be considerable amount of lag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Will update all 5 536's and both 436's when I get home on the road.
Hey budd, why not just do 1 of each and check it out first. Just saying, from my experience... Bob.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Is it just me or does function input seem laggy. As I scroll through the menus there seems to be considerable amount of lag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not seeing that here with the menu functions I've used since upgrading to this version. This seems true on both x36HP models also.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Hey budd, why not just do 1 of each and check it out first. Just saying, from my experience... Bob.

Yep, if you have several of a given model, it can be nice to leave at least one on the old so you can compare if you think something has changed.
Then again, it's very easy to revert back to an older version if needed but hard to compare that way due to the time it takes.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Then again, it's very easy to revert back to an older version if needed but hard to compare that way due to the time it takes.

No time difference at all reverting back. I am not understanding what you are saying it is hard to compare due to time. No difference as far as I can tell.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
No time difference at all reverting back. I am not understanding what you are saying it is hard to compare due to time. No difference as far as I can tell.

If you need to compare something in realtime such as when receiving something that does not sound right.
That will likely be gone by the time you downgrade one of the radios to an older version. Especially on a system that may only talk once per hour or less. That's what I'm talking about, the time it takes to do the downgrade. About two minutes or so I'd guess that one radio will be offline.

wise871

Database Admin
I went back to the previous version and I'm still seeing it. Looks like my function knob is going bad. I can scroll and it will skip of stay on the selected menu item several turns.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I went back to the previous version and I'm still seeing it. Looks like my function knob is going bad. I can scroll and it will skip of stay on the selected menu item several turns.

That's a bummer.
I have the same problem on just one 536 and a 996XT.

I've always wanted to open one up and see what these controls consist of but never have. I mean, are they an optical encoder or some form of rotary control that uses a potentiometer or resistance control?
If optical, it could be dust got into the control, if some form of mechanical resistance control, it may need a control cleaner like DeOxit.
I don't recall seeing anyone post what type of control they use for the function control.

Status
Not open for further replies.