BCDx36HP Sentinel 2.01.00 (adds support for SDS200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else having this issue? My systems are "relocating" to another favorite list or being duplicated in the wrong favorite list? I've tried deleting the entire program and re-downloading Sentinel without any luck. It just happened again and i'm confused as to what is happening.

I have 3 different profiles and this is all the same across all profiles.

BBossman1

Is anyone else having this issue? My systems are "relocating" to another favorite list or being duplicated in the wrong favorite list? I've tried deleting the entire program and re-downloading Sentinel without any luck. It just happened again and i'm confused as to what is happening.

Make sure you're using the most recent version of Sentinel, Version 2.01 revision 3. If I remember correctly, three was a "glitch" in one of the latest releases, that may or may not cause this, can't quite remember. Also, Profiles are separate, but share from the Favorite Lists.

Sounds like a pain in the arse, but try deleting and recreating your favorite lists one by one. I always export my favorite lists to a separate folder when I THINK I'm done with them, so if something happens I have them to fall back to...

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you're using the most recent version of Sentinel, Version 2.01 revision 3. If I remember correctly, three was a "glitch" in one of the latest releases, that may or may not cause this, can't quite remember. Also, Profiles are separate, but share from the Favorite Lists.

Sounds like a pain in the arse, but try deleting and recreating your favorite lists one by one. I always export my favorite lists to a separate folder when I THINK I'm done with them, so if something happens I have them to fall back to...

Yes I'm using 2.01.03. The only saving grace is I back it up on ProScan.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

'shades,
I ran into something similar back when the NXDN upgrade first came out. Initially (before software supported NXDN), I manually created a NXDN favorites list in one of my scanners, then edited it, and added talkgroup info using Notepad++. A little later, after ProScan added NXDN support (but before Sentinel did), I read the scanner into ProScan and added details.

Once Sentinel added support, I read the scanner into Sentinel. OOPS, big mistake. I saw the same jumble of systems being out of place & lists swapping names, What it boiled down to was a different number of lists in Sentinel versus the scanner, or a different config file (the sorting). In Sentinel, and the scanner, the actual list names are f_xxxxxx.hpd (the x's representing a number). So, if list f_000012.hpd was not the same in both the scanner and Sentinel , then data was mixed up. This could be because there was a list in the scanner that was not also in Sentinel when information was downloaded. If then you read into Sentinel, and the file name was the same as one in Sentinel, but in fact really a different list, then confusion and contamination occurred. The same sort of problem occurred if I wrote to the scanner, from Sentinel, and there was a list in the scanner that did not exist in Sentinel.

This might not be what is happening in your case, but in mine, the error was self inflicted. Once I had the lists back to normal in Sentinel, and then wrote to the scanner with the 'erase Fav lists in the scanner option', the seas were calmed and no more issues.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
'shades,
I ran into something similar back when the NXDN upgrade first came out. Initially (before software supported NXDN), I manually created a NXDN favorites list in one of my scanners, then edited it, and added talkgroup info using Notepad++. A little later, after ProScan added NXDN support (but before Sentinel did), I read the scanner into ProScan and added details.

Once Sentinel added support, I read the scanner into Sentinel. OOPS, big mistake. I saw the same jumble of systems being out of place & lists swapping names, What it boiled down to was a different number of lists in Sentinel versus the scanner, or a different config file (the sorting). In Sentinel, and the scanner, the actual list names are f_xxxxxx.hpd (the x's representing a number). So, if list f_000012.hpd was not the same in both the scanner and Sentinel , then data was mixed up. This could be because there was a list in the scanner that was not also in Sentinel when information was downloaded. If then you read into Sentinel, and the file name was the same as one in Sentinel, but in fact really a different list, then confusion and contamination occurred. The same sort of problem occurred if I wrote to the scanner, from Sentinel, and there was a list in the scanner that did not exist in Sentinel.

This might not be what is happening in your case, but in mine, the error was self inflicted. Once I had the lists back to normal in Sentinel, and then wrote to the scanner with the 'erase Fav lists in the scanner option', the seas were calmed and no more issues.

Kind of sort of the same issue. I'm trying to keep my favorites lists I frequently update (Radio ID's mainly) in the same favorite lists across all 3 scanners I have profiles for. So, last night I updated the favorite list on Airline A, saved it, verified target model was set to SDS 200 uploaded to scanner and no issues. Once it was completed, I was going to do the same on the 536, opened up the 536 profile, verified the target model was set to 536 and double checked Airline A's favorite lists were still the same (it's uploaded incorrect system information in the past, so I just do this by habit). Lo and behold, it was changed to another trunking system's system and Airline A was showing Police A's system information and the all of Airline A's system information was deleted. Fortunately, I have everything backed up as I can't trust this anymore.

I was told to delete config files in the Sentinel folder, but instead I previously deleted the entire program with the thought my Sentinel was corrupted and started from scratch, reading from each scanner and saving the profile. That worked for a little while but the old problem has returned.

The thought process was the 3 profiles were mingling and systems were migrating etc. I'll continue to work on this but was wondering if anyone else had this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.