BCDx36HP Shipment and Sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA4HV

Premium Subscriber
Good for you

Ordered mine Friday night late online from Ham Radio Outlet, received it today, Tuesday by UPS Ground out of the Salem, NH store. Yay.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good for you. I preordered at HRO online on Dec.29, 2013. Still nothing. Been watching other posts about people walking in and getting them, or ordering recently and getting them. I talked to the Atlanta store a couple times and they rudely gave me different stories and no set time to expect it. The manager sent me a rude email when I asked where my receipt for full payment was. They sent an email to me for the reservation, but not for the full payment later, so they originally had the correct information. So much for customer service on a "Reservation" placed last year.

Everybody beware HRO !!!!

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Aren't the prices at Scanner master the highest prices?

No. They are the same as everyone else.... $499 for the 436. I paid $13 for shipping.

But Scanner Master has a 30 day return policy with no re-stocking fee.

That is what made me buy from them. I do not want to spend that kind of money and learn the scanner does not receive the simulcast in my area. So I can put it to the test for 3 weeks or more. If it works... then it's a good $500 investment.... if it doesn't, I can return it with nothing lost except shipping from and to SM.

All the other retailers either had a "no return" policy, or a 10 day return policy PLUS they all had a 15-20% re-stocking fee.

stingray327

No. They are the same as everyone else.... $499 for the 436. I paid $13 for shipping.

But Scanner Master has a 30 day return policy with no re-stocking fee.

That is what made me buy from them. I do not want to spend that kind of money and learn the scanner does not receive the simulcast in my area. So I can put it to the test for 3 weeks or more. If it works... then it's a good $500 investment.... if it doesn't, I can return it with nothing lost except shipping from and to SM.

All the other retailers either had a "no return" policy, or a 10 day return policy PLUS they all had a 15-20% re-stocking fee.

I didin't know that. Thanks for telling me that. Maybe I will get the BCD 536 from them if it will also be reasonably priced.

TippeTrunker2

Premium Subscriber
Good Job Universal Radio

Heard that Universal Radio was shipping 536's on 28-Jan.
Pre-ordered a 436 on 29-Jan. Got a confirmation right away.
My BCD436HP was in my hands just ahead of the "Big Snow" on 04-Feb.
$499.95 + $9.95 shipping by UPS from Ohio.
Just in time to hear the first weather related crash with injuries.
Nice Job Universal Radio.

manmhits

Premium Subscriber
Orderd 436HP on 7th Jan, Still waiting....

Thank you for the kind words.

BTW, as of 4pm today, our store has 13 pcs of the 436HP and 3 of the 536HP in-stock and available for immediate purchase. Order online or call us.

Hi Rick, Tony,

I ordered my 436HP on 7th Jan from Universal Radio.

Just wanted to know if i am queued in your first allocation.

or i have to wait for few more days.

My order id is: 5995182

I am very excited for my 436HP :) :) :)

screenersam

I hate motrbro
Heard that Universal Radio was shipping 536's on 28-Jan.
Pre-ordered a 436 on 29-Jan. Got a confirmation right away.
My BCD436HP was in my hands just ahead of the "Big Snow" on 04-Feb.
$499.95 + $9.95 shipping by UPS from Ohio.
Just in time to hear the first weather related crash with injuries.
Nice Job Universal Radio.

pre-ordered my 436 from Uni. also recvd 02/04. satisfied.
(time to play...)

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
As of this morning Scanner Master has them in stock and plenty from what they said and will price match anyone but won't match shipping but you can at least save a few dollars on the unit price.

Solid Signal shows them to be in stock but they are not. They won't have anymore until mid-March.

NJParamedic

Good for you. I preordered at HRO online on Dec.29, 2013. Still nothing. Been watching other posts about people walking in and getting them, or ordering recently and getting them. I talked to the Atlanta store a couple times and they rudely gave me different stories and no set time to expect it. The manager sent me a rude email when I asked where my receipt for full payment was. They sent an email to me for the reservation, but not for the full payment later, so they originally had the correct information. So much for customer service on a "Reservation" placed last year.

Everybody beware HRO !!!!

That blows! It's amazing how many people pre-ordered while other (like me) strolled in, bought one, and got it sooner than them. It's unfair. Marketing at its finest.

daveharpe

I ordered one from Amazon through "Abetterwaytobuy" using Amazon Prime. Shipped within a day, supposed to be here tomorrow. Cost was $515 and since it was Prime free 2-day shipping.

I will post updates once it arrives. Seems pretty smooth so far.

W4ELL

Feed Provider
I ordered one from Amazon through "Abetterwaytobuy" using Amazon Prime. Shipped within a day, supposed to be here tomorrow. Cost was $515 and since it was Prime free 2-day shipping.

I will post updates once it arrives. Seems pretty smooth so far.

I ordered both a 436 and a 536 from Amazon through "Abetterwaytobuy" also... We'll see how long it takes to get a tracking number.

I can count on one hand how many times I have used the headphone jack on my 996XT so that is a non-issue for me. I figured I can enjoy the scanner until they start the repair process.

wise871

Database Admin
I'm hoping it ships today. I'd like to think that bunches of pre-orders were cancelled when other vendors started shipping before they did, therefore moving us both up in line quite a bit... let's hope. :) I really don't want to cancel this order after waiting so long but the waiting is driving me nuts. Still no response either, but no doubt they are swamped with phone calls, emails and orders. It's madness, I'm sure - I don't think there's ever been a scanner that has generated more buzz than these units.

EDIT: Just got the email: MY ORDER HAS SHIPPED!!!! FINALLY! Best news I've had all week! Thank you Scanner Master! :D

-AZ

So have you finally received your scanner yet?

MacGnG

Got my 436 from scanner master today! finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! works great! worth the wait! I've called Scanner Master a few times during the pre-order waiting period and they have been very helpful. I didn't get it as fast as i would have liked but no big deal. thanks guys!

nategb

Premium Subscriber
My 436 from Scanner Master is scheduled to arrive tomorrow via UPS. I'm so excited. Just in time for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.