BCFA DISP 800 and the PSR500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
Greetings everyone,

I just got a PSR500 yesterday and I have been playing around with it <really dig that it can do ESK>. I set up all the sites for SA/BEXAR and put in the TG's for BCFA. Now BCFA DISP shows as 14-026 in the database however I do not receive any traffic on thisTG a wildcard seach has BCFA DISP comming in on 000-01. has anyone else with a PSR 500 or 600 noticed this? and is the real id suppoed to be 14-026? or did they change TG's? Also this is on the TOPPERWEIN site as this is the closest and strongest signal for me GOLD only decodes at about 40%

thank you in advance for any input

Last edited:

scrotumola

Welcome to the Bexar County PSR contingent!

I have not really messed with my 600 too much, but my understanding is is that you won't be able to get BCFA DISP and BCFA OPS because they are patched, all of the other TGs - access through FG4 work fine. I have the VHF portions of BCFA DISP (Fire Alarm) and BCFA OPS (Tac 3) the above referenced TGs and AMR in 1 scanlist. With a decent outdoor antenna, it works very well.

As far as 14-026, that is the talk group on SAFD's radios for BCFA DISP, I believe.

If you find another way to locate BCFA DISP and OPS on the 800 mhz system, please let me know! BTW I am also looking for the BCFA EMS TG.

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the Welcome!

Ok a little further investigation reveals what I was suspecting and you mentioned 000-01 is indeed a patch to 14-026 as told by Unitrunker and the patch appears to change as well.. as of right now the new Patch id is 000-03 and ops is patched to 000-05 also of note they are also patched to SAFD 2-N right now as well..

in theory you could create objects for each patch id logged.. while it would use a few blocks.. it would be a way to ensure getting them on the 800 vs the scratchy reception on vhf.

Out of curiosity what did you program you 600 with? I bought ARC-5o0 and was not impresed with the way it displayed objects, which is suprising as I have had great experiences with all my other arc programs. I opted to try out WIN-500 , and so far I am happy with Don's program.

Thanks

scrotumola

I have both registered copies of the latest ARC500 and WIN500. They are both excellent stand alone software packages. I happen to enjoy the best of both worlds. I like ARC's database and GUI are superior, but WIN500's spec tweaking abilities/ease of 'hacking' is superior. I also like the interaction I have had with DonS in my efforts towards hosting a radio feed, the ARC500 software does not have native remote control/monitor capabilities, WIN500 does. From what I have seen, DonS' support is very timely and second to none. This is not intended as a slam to Gommert at Butel (creator of ARC software) but I've been online with DonS at all hours of the day and night. His passion for the hobby and support is that awesome!

I often find myself modifying the scanner's program, which I refer to as a codeplug out of habit. In one application I will make a change, save it and upload it to the radio, close that program, open the other, download the radio and save it in the other program and vice versa. That way both programs have the latest 'codeplug.'

Last edited:

scrotumola

It was supposed to be a live patch to AMR, but the ball got dropped and its never seen fruition. Its just an open TG for now. During the July 4th weekend, it was the designated EMS first responder TG in the event of armegedon, which never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.