Bcfy Calls feed stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
All,

For some reason my Calls feed (using SDRTrunk) has recently stopped working.

There was no reason given, but last week I received an email that my Calls stream was disconnected. I've been trying to get it working, but it will not connect; clicking Test Connection gives an "Error: Null" message, and the feed itself tries to reconnect but keeps popping up an unexplained error.

I know my internet connection is working, and my three "traditional" feeds are working just fine. The Calls feed has been working fine since I started it, until now.

Have server settings changed or something?

PS - Also need to add that the SDRTrunk machine is working just fine; it's trunking and I get the audio perfectly at this end).

Tom WA8PYR

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
What release of SDRTrunk are you on? I believe some were reporting issues with 0.5.0 alpha 1 or 2 in the Google group. I'm running 0.5.0 alpha 3 and haven't had any issues with Calls.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
What release of SDRTrunk are you on? I believe some were reporting issues with 0.5.0 alpha 1 or 2 in the Google group. I'm running 0.5.0 alpha 3 and haven't had any issues with Calls.

5.0 Alpha 1. Haven't had the slightest trouble with it until last week.

All I need is to have to go through that whole install process again. Time is short and I'm rapidly approaching the point of limited returns.

Tom

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
@wa8pyr Can you post/send the application log file so that I can see what the errors are?

Sure, I'll try and get it when I get home this evening. Where is it?

It's running on Linux Mint (v19 if I recall correctly), in case that helps.

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
@wa8pyr Can you post/send the application log file so that I can see what the errors are?

Denny,

Log file from this evening attached as a TXT file. I stopped the program and restarted to get a fresh log file.

Tom

Attachments

• sdrtrunk_app-log.txt
    526.3 KB · Views: 8

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Got it working again, finally had a chance to download Alpha 3. Only problem I'm running into is getting the correct version to run; I deleted the original program files from the BIN folder in my home folder, copied the new BIN files into the folder, then rebooted the machine. When I double click the program in the BIN folder it still starts Alpha 1; I had to double click the program in the download folder to get it working. Obviously I'm missing something.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The pre-compiled Linux distro contains the following directories/files. Did you replace all of them, or just bin? You must at the least also replace everything in lib, that's where the updated Java files are located. Won't work if you only replace the stuff in bin.

1601520009307.png

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
The pre-compiled Linux distro contains the following directories/files. Did you replace all of them, or just bin? You must at the least also replace everything in lib, that's where the updated Java files are located. Won't work if you only replace the stuff in bin.

View attachment 92143

Nope, didn't replace LIB but it's running anyway; I'll fix that this evening. Dang Linux is as bad as Windoze, bits and pieces of programs all over the hard drive. . . .

depster00

Similar error. SDR Trunk 0.5.0 Alpha 6 on Windows 10.

Attachments

• SdrTrunkBroadcastify_ErrorNull.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.