BCProgTool

Status
Not open for further replies.

paseabee

Premium Subscriber
I have been able to get ahold of the program BCProgTool to work and communicate with a BCD396XT. I am having trouble loading systems into the radio. Trying to cut and paste and I can't seem to get it to work.
Can add conventional frequencies individually though. I am also trying to learn the trunked systems so that I can start listening to the local feeds.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've moved your post to its own thread.

Please don't ask totally unrelated questions in somebody else's thread.

Thanks.

paseabee

Premium Subscriber
I am sorry you did not see the connection to the original post that was dealing with alternative native OS X scanner communication issues and successes.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I have been able to get ahold of the program BCProgTool to work and communicate with a BCD396XT. I am having trouble loading systems into the radio. Trying to cut and paste and I can't seem to get it to work.
Can add conventional frequencies individually though. I am also trying to learn the trunked systems so that I can start listening to the local feeds.

I'm not knocking BCProgTool at all, but I would highly recommend trying FreeScan also.

paseabee

Premium Subscriber
I'm not knocking BCProgTool at all, but I would highly recommend trying FreeScan also.

I can't even get FreeScan to start up in a native OS X environment. I don't want to spend the money to get parallels and windows just to program a few systems into the scanner. I was looking for a free option for my Mac. The only problem that I was having with ARC XT was that the software that I was was using to run it through would not recognize the USB port on my computer. There are people working through it on the Wine website but it is not there yet. It is a shame that the BCProgTool is no longer in development because for the most part it does work. And I am sure it was working fine when it was first released, but there have been a lot of software changes in the past three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.