• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCT-15 and Pro-2055

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
I did an experiment yesterday that involved my RG-6 quad shield and my discone antenna.
First I had the antenna plug in the 2055 and tried to get the Peel system here in Ontario.
I can barely hear it and very faint in the back round of noise.
Then I plugged the discone in the BCT-15 and holy crap, getting 2 bars and hear the control pretty damn good.
Can't wait to put the 800MHZ beam up. The performance of this scanner is amazing, totally worth the money.
Will do more tests when I get the beam up on the Tilt-over.
Take care

safetyobc

tonsoffun said:
I did an experiment yesterday that involved my RG-6 quad shield and my discone antenna.
First I had the antenna plug in the 2055 and tried to get the Peel system here in Ontario.
I can barely hear it and very faint in the back round of noise.
Then I plugged the discone in the BCT-15 and holy crap, getting 2 bars and hear the control pretty damn good.
Can't wait to put the 800MHZ beam up. The performance of this scanner is amazing, totally worth the money.
Will do more tests when I get the beam up on the Tilt-over.
Take care
I agree with you Ron. The BCT15 is 10x's better than the 2055 in my opinion. My 2055 is literaly sitting in my desk drawer. I will likely sell/trade my 2055 soon. Or I may install it in the truck, but I really want a BCT15 (or BCD996T) in my truck so the 2055 will likely help contribute to that cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.