BCT-15 BEARTRACKER information please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike445

I am looking at purchasing myself a BCT-15 leter this week on a trip to Alabama. I would like to know if there are any states the BEARTRACKER function DOES NOT WORK! I assume Florida and Michigan are 2 states that the BEARTRACKER function is useless. How about Ohio? I know they still have mobile extender frequencies:

774.03750 804.03750 Ohio MARCS mobile extenders
774.33750 804.33750 Ohio MARCS mobile extenders
465.37500 KA2351 Vehicle MRE
465.42500 KA2351 Vehicle MRE N
465.52500 KA2351 Vehicle MRE C
465.55000 KA2351 Vehicle MRE S

Are these included in the BEARTRACKER frequencies?

I am most interested in the following states:
Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennesse, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, and Indiana.

Thanks very much! I appreciate any help!!
Mike :)

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
BearTracker works in Michigan and Indiana, but it's not much use as a "speed trap" identifer for any state, more of an interesting feature than anything. IMO, even a radar detector is not much use for finding speed traps, mostly for road hazard information. You can't really beat a laser.

The mobile extender frequencies in the BCT15 are not really published anywhere. I think Uniden wants it that way.

As for the frequencies you listed, you'll have to try it in the areas you are interested in an see how it works.

Mike445

Thanks Dave. I'm surprised to hear they still work in MI! I have used a few of the older Beartracker units and enjoyed them very much. I have a PRO 2055 in the car right now and a PRO 97 and PRO 96 at home. I want teh BCT 15 for my Camaro because it looks good and has all the features I want. I LOVE my Radio Shacks canners but the PRO 2055 doesn't quite cut it for a single mobile scanner. With a limit of 10 banks to store frequencies from Ontario and 10 states just doesn't cut it at all!! I do like the Beartracker feature even though it is not 100% reliable. As you stated neither is my BEL Vector 995 radar/laser detector. If you get hit with laser its too late. I rely on the CB for smokey reports. It hasn't let me down yet.
If anybody else knows how the BEARTRACKER feature works in the other states listed above please post a quick reply. I would truly appreciate it!!!
Mike :)

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
I can only answer for PA. The mobile extender alert should work until PA completes the transition to OpenSky. However not all the vehicles have the mobile extenders turned on, so the function then becomes somewhat useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.