BCT-15 - Disassembly Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebj00la

Premium Subscriber
Here's my first how-to document... I assume no liability if you damage your BCT-15. Following these instructions will most likely void any warranty you have. I already voided mine by installing a discriminator tap, so... :cool:

Step 1. Remove the 4 screws from the back of the unit.

Step.1.png

Step 2. Pull the cover off the unit.

Step.2.png

Step 3. Remove the 8 screws from both sides of the unit.

Step.3.png

Step 4. Slide the first cover back and up to remove it from the unit.

Step.4.png

Step 5. Slide the second cover back and down to remove it from the unit. (Nice discriminator tap!)

Step.5.png

Step 6. Remove the speaker connector.

Step.6.png

Step 7. Remove the 4 screws holding the front panel assembly to the main unit.

Step.7.png

Step 8. Remove the screw securing the front panel to the main circuit board.

Step.8.png

Step 9. Remove the ground wire from your discriminator tap (you have one, right?!)

Step.9.png

Step 10. Remove the ribbon cable by sliding the brown plastic hinge up then back. Remove all the wiring harnesses connected from the front panel to the main unit.

Step.10.png

Step 11. Remove the nuts holding the front panel plastic to the front panel assembly using fine tipped pliers, then remove the knobs with electrical tape protected pliers to avoid scratching the knobs.

Step.11.png

Step 12. Remove the front panel plastic from the front panel assembly, once the nuts are no longer holding the parts together.

Step.12.png

Hardware Removed.

BCT-15.Hardware.png

Panel Front 1.

Panel.Front.1.png

Panel Front 2.

Panel.Front.2.png

Panel Front 3.

Panel.Front.3.png

Panel Back 1.

Panel.Back.1.png

Panel Back 2.

Panel.Back.2.png

Panel Back 3.

Panel.Back.3.png

Panel Front... WTF... Uniden techs need to pay more attention to detail... That's not lined up.

Panel.Front.WTF.png

That's one l33t looking BCT-15.

l33t.BCT-15.png

If you respond to this post, PLEASE don't quote all the images. I'm hosting them, and you could slow down the loading of the page for other users. Thanks!

nebj00la

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.