BCT 15 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
I just added some new frequencies to a system in the radio and ran into a problem. I have 10 systems set up with quick keys and all I can use is one system at a time. I have system 7 scanning and system 1 is showing on the screen showing it is turned on but nothing is scanned in that system (#1). I turn off system 7 and then system 1 is scanned. So it only lets me scan one sytem at a time. What did I do???????? Hope this make sense and someone can help me out.

Thanks
chuck

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
Additional

If system 7 is selected to scan with any other system like system 1 all it scans is system 7. I take out system 7 and system 1 will scan. As soon as I put in system 7 to scan that is the only one it scans. I can do that with any of the systems. Have 2 and 7 scan and all it scans is 7 - 3 and 7 scan and all it scans is 7 - etc.. I'm at a loss unless I dump everything from the scanner and re-enter all of the systems. I use the ARC 15 software, so it won't be a hassle. Any one have any ideas?????

chuck

Bucko

Have you manually checked the quick keys for the systems and groups in the BCT15's menu? I would do this to make sure your ARC15 assigned the correct key number per system.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If SQK 7's system is a trunked system it is going to dwell on that system for at least 1-1.5 seconds. If the other SQK systems are conventional (and you set system hold to 0) it is only going to dwell on those systems long enough to scan each individual channel. If there are 10 channels, that will be about .1 seconds...

The system is likely being scanned, but it is scanned so quickly the display doesn't have time to indicate it. You can confirm by programming the local weather frequency in along with the other 10 channels. You should see that the scanner stops on that channel when SQK 1 is enabled, regardless of whether SQK 7 is enabled or disabled.

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
System 7 is not a trunked system. This all happened after I added 3 amatuer repeater frequencies to system 7 which has 3 groups of ham frequencies. All my sustems are convetional frequencies. It is like I turned something on. Should I clear everything out of the scanner (initialize ity) and re-input the systems? Will this help or not?
Prior to putting in the new frequencies I could turn on and off the 10 systems in the radio. Now system 7 is dominant when it is turned on. Turn in off and I can use the other systems. I did not try leaving system 7 off and turning on and off the other systems. At school right now - will try later.
Hope others have ideas. Thanks to all who asnswered already.
chuck

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I'd guess, then, that you have the system assigned to SQK 7 set with a system hold time other than 0. Or, you've inadvertantly locked out the other systems (but your first post doesn't sound like that).

Are you basing this on not seeing the other systems appear during scanning or on actually not receiving transmissions that you know are occurring on the other systems?

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
I'm basing this on not seeing the system name when it is scanning and not picking up any signals except on system 7 when others are also turned on. turn off system 7 then I hear the other system.
I checked to see if the other systems were on or off and they were on. Each systems quick key is listed for each system correctly.

Add some hold time to the systems you think aren't scanning. Like UPMAN said, it could just be scanning that one, or those, so fast it just doesn't show on the display. I have my local State Police channel in its own system, 1 freq, and I don't see it in the display when its scanning because it scans that system so quick. Like UPMAN said 10 freqs in 1/10th of a second....

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
What would have changed the hold time by just putting 3 new frequencies in a system? I did not do anything with the hold time. As I stated before, I could see the systems I was scanning before I did this last addition of frequencies.
chuck

ac9f

Premium Subscriber
Fixed

Thanks to all who replied to my problem. The problem is fixed!!!!! Got up this AM and plugged the computer into the radio and found when I read the systems that some how the HOLD TIME was at 255. Not sure how that happened as I did not set it for that amount of time. Oh well, all I know is that we are back in business.
Thanks again to all and this sure is a great site to get help from. I renewed my subscription again for another year and it is money well spent.
Thanks to all who run this site and keep it going.

Merry Christmas To All
chuck
ac9f

Status
Not open for further replies.