Bct -15x display blank after firmware upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

eccradiotec

Hello:

Does anyone have any idea what to when a Uniden 15x shows a blanked out display and I have lost communication with it after Firmware upgrade.

Is there a hard reset for this any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank You....

SCPD

QRT
What firmware did you install? The last firmware for the 15X 1.03.00 has been out for awhile. Maybe you did the firmware for the 15 and not the 15X?

SCPD

QRT
upload the 1.03.00 and install it. A hard reset will not fix the problem. It will just clear the radio of all the freq's you put in.

csh102

Premium Subscriber
BCT15X Screen Blank after Firmware Update

Greetings All,

Been trying to update the firmware in my BCT15X for a few days now.

The first (failed) attempts advised me that the Check Sum is in error, and to try a slower baud rate.
Have tried multiple baud rates, . . . with no joy.

If I remove all of the BC_VUP_v2.0.0.7. and the BC15X_V1_03.00.scn firmware program files from my laptop and load fresh copies I will get the Check Sum error message again. But if I instead just plod along and retry the update then the attached error message will appear at the conclusion of each repeated update process.

NO flashing screen episodes ever occur. Rather, the screen remains dark after the failed update effort - until I reboot using the L/O and 6 button power up and attaching the power supply method again.

Am using the RS-232 factory supplied programming cable, . . . which communicates just fine - but fails at the very conclusion of the upgrade program, displaying the "PROGRAMMING ERROR!!" message, . . .

* PLEASE CHECK THE FOLLOW THINGS.
* CONNECT YOUR SCANNER TO YOUR PC USING THE STANDARD PC INTERFACE CABLE
* KEEP YOUR SCANNER CONNECTED TO THE EXTERNAL POWER ON THE SCANNER.

So I have recently ordered a new USB-1 cable to give that method try.

Have rebooted my laptop repeatedly, . . . with no changes in the firmware update outcome.

I do use this laptop regularly for other radio programming with no issues. ( XP Professional OS )

Scanner will not accept the firmware upgrade - and is useless at this point.

Any other thoughts ?

Best,

csh102

csh102

Premium Subscriber
BCT15X Blank Screen after firmware upgrade

Fixed, . . .

This BCT15X doesn't play well with the PANASONIC CF-19 ToughBook, . . . despite the other four BCD996T scanners, the two BCD396T scanners, and the 74 Motorola XTL / XTS 5000 fleet radios, the the Three GRE PSR-400 scanners I just programmed with it.

The good old DELL Dimension 2400 PC saved the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.