BCT-15x External Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Day All!

I was wondering what ohm speaker I should get, a 4 or 8 ohm? I want to get one of those Uniden Bearcat speakers, I see they have 2 models, a 12 watt 8 ohm and a bigger 20 watt 4 ohm. I think the internal speaker is a 8 ohm.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Steven

kilowa22

No it will not damage the speaker if you use 4 ohm. It will just either be too loud or weak due to the mismatch.

Sorry I started another thread, cause I was not sure of the specifics at the time. I ordered the Uniden ESP20 20-Watt External CB Speaker - the website states, that the speaker is 8ohms - but when the speaker arrived, the booklet states 4 ohms - I am worried about connecting it to the scanner (BCT-15x), knowing that that scanner is 8 ohms, and not knowing which is correct about the speaker - if it's 4 or 8 ohms.

jackj

As others have said, there is basically no difference between a 4 ohm and a 8 ohm speaker. There is a technical difference between them but in the application you are contemplating they are the same. Using your 8 ohm speaker with a 4 ohm output means that not as much power will be transfered but you have an amplified speaker so it should make up for slightly less volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.