BCT-15x (SCPD Rebanding yet again?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTC-JAY805

Hey all I'm sorry if I haven't located the proper place for this but I was just curious about this. I purchased a BCT-15x for my truck to monitor my fd and it's related counter parts and I was told that scpd will be rebanding again (going digital?) and that this scanner may be well will be useless for that part of scanning. Anyway just some info would be helpful. Thanks

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Going digital does not mean they are rebanding. the whole rebanding thing was when they had to reband the 800 MHz spectrum. Sounds like they are just switching to a different type of radio system. The BCT-15 will not support digital modes. Do you know what type of digital system they are switching to? MotoTrbo and NXDN can not be monitored, so if they are switching one of those systems you wont be able to listen to them.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't know exactly what type they are switching to I do know that it's going to be digital

How do you know this? Is this a rumor, or do you have an actual datasheet with a new proposal system?

If it is going to be digital, one would assume it would be a P25 system in the 700Mhz spectrum, but that is just my $0.02

Until we see FCC proposals for new frequencies and a system build out, I'll keep this in my ever growing rumor pile.

HTC-JAY805

Not trying to spread rumors....

I was told that by a fellow programmer that (not tomorrow) but eventually they will be going digital.. I would love to just keep the bct-15x it's a lot cheaper! But I would rather have the needed system then have to sell and buy new stuff like I've had to dealing with a private radio system.. But again any heads up or news would be helpful as it has been so far.

ajb5540

Suffolk County police are definitely going digital but you won't see it for another 2-3 years. Once they do, everything will be encrypted and no scanner (or radio not programmed by them) will pick their transmissions up. As others have stated, they are not changing frequencies, but they are forging ahead toward a system that cannot be monitored.

HTC-JAY805

Suffolk County police are definitely going digital but you won't see it for another 2-3 years. Once they do, everything will be encrypted and no scanner (or radio not programmed by them) will pick their transmissions up. As others have stated, they are not changing frequencies, but they are forging ahead toward a system that cannot be monitored.

This is what I ment so I'm better off staying with the bct15x. Just gonna stay with it until then.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin

Do you have any supporting info? Type of system?
One would think they would run a 2nd system to work the bugs out before moving over full time.

Their system isn't modern technology and an upgrade wouldn't surprise me. We should at least see applications in the fcc database for a new system deployment.

Until I see any FCC docs or see a new system, this is just another piece of info for the rumor pile.

HTC-JAY805

Well as of now they aren't moving anything, I'm under the impression that their next move will be a digital encryption which if a mototrbo or a hytera type dmr scanning them will be impossible unless you find someone to clone scpd info to another radio.. Supporting documents at this moment are still not in play because the move is not official as of yet I am sure we have time before they choose to switch their system out but until then all is being believed as hear say so I wouldn't stand on the ice with it. Just my observation for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.