BCT 396XT Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

modulation

I have a 396XT that needs a replacement stock antenna. Searching around, the best match I found so far is Uniden # BATG0469001. That number is listed for the 396T and some other models, but not the XT. The XT was an upgraded version of the T, but was the antenna upgraded too?

I'm not sure why even Uniden's own website doesn't mention BATG0469001 is for the 396XT, unless there is another antenna model somewhere. Uniden's scanner documentation doesn't even list part numbers as far as I could find.

Ubbe

Unidens antennas are probably all identical in design as all scanners have the same frequency bands. It's tuned to 150MHz and 800Mhz and works somewhat best on multiple frequencies like 3x150MHz=450MHz. There are other antennas that are designed to receive the 800Mhz band with some gain and sacrifice the 150MHz as the whole antenna are more or less a single band 800Mhz antenna.

/Ubbe

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
While you order that USB-serial adapter I mentioned :p in your other thread, you can order

Doesnt say 396XT in the description for whatever reason, but XT's use an SMA connector just like the listed in description its earlier version the 396T.

Status
Not open for further replies.