BCT-8 vs BCT-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucas2121

Premium Subscriber
Ok so I want a new trunked scanner the last one I had was a RS PRO-95.
The two models I'm looking at are they Uniden BCT-8 and BCT-15 I would like to hear what people like and don't like about them. What's better about the BCT-15 vs the BCT-8.
I would think they both have good reception when pulling in weak signals? but am unsure.
Do they both have alpha tagging? I was unsure but pretty sure they do.
Can I just select a talkgroup to monitor or do I have to wait for it to appear on the control channel like I did on the PRO-95.
Can I just monitor the control channel by selecting it and hitting "trunk" like on the PRO-95.
These are just some of the questions I have it's been a long time sense I've used a trunked scanner typically I just use my pager or one of my VHF radios but decided I would like to start listening to the city fire and PD channels again.
Thanks for any info.

Highpockets

Ok so I want a new trunked scanner the last one I had was a RS PRO-95.
The two models I'm looking at are they Uniden BCT-8 and BCT-15 I would like to hear what people like and don't like about them. What's better about the BCT-15 vs the BCT-8.
I would think they both have good reception when pulling in weak signals? but am unsure.
Do they both have alpha tagging? I was unsure but pretty sure they do.
Can I just select a talkgroup to monitor or do I have to wait for it to appear on the control channel like I did on the PRO-95.
Can I just monitor the control channel by selecting it and hitting "trunk" like on the PRO-95.
These are just some of the questions I have it's been a long time sense I've used a trunked scanner typically I just use my pager or one of my VHF radios but decided I would like to start listening to the city fire and PD channels again.
Thanks for any info.

It would help if we knew where you lived and what systems/town you want to monitor to make sure the scanner is compatible with those systems or frequencies. Meaning analog or digital transmissions.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
BCT8 does not have alpha tags. Uses Banked operation.
BCT15 has alpha tags. Uses Dynamic Memory Architecture.
BCT15X is the current model (more channels, some other enhancements over the BCT15).

lucas2121

Premium Subscriber
ok thank you. 256 channels in my VHF radio is more than enough and theirs only a few trunked channels I live in an area mostly rual country and with a city in the middle. All is conventional and Smart trunk II

Status
Not open for further replies.