BCT15 a 2005 Chevrolet Impala

Status
Not open for further replies.

omrail

BCT15 in a 2005 Chevrolet Impala

I got the BCT in December of 2007 and finally got around to taking some pics and getting them uploaded. the BCT15 is attached to the ashtray and I am just using the cigarette lighter for the power. I also have the bearcat external Speaker. the antenna is a Larsen NMO2/70. I also have the Magellan Maestro 4040. I got the Maestro 4040 over other for 2 reasons it has the CAA/AAA glide book in it and if you are a CAA/AAA member you get a 2nd year of warranty for free.

Attachments

• Car scanner1.jpg
    Car scanner1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 8,736
  • Car scanner2.jpg
    Car scanner2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 9,507
  • car anttena1.jpg
    car anttena1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,630
  • car anttena2 with out.jpg
    car anttena2 with out.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,755
Last edited:

af5rn

Winning post!

Plus 5 for creative mounting. Plus 5 for an awesome key tag. And plus 10 for having the courtesy to vacuum your car out before posting pics of it here.

You, Sir, are a man among men! :D

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Just a word about Magellan. They have lost me as a customer. They are entirely too slow to update their maps and want to charge for unnecessary add-ons when they actually put out an update. It's amazing to see the difference in map completeness (in a major metro area of Dallas/Fort Worth) from my factory Infiniti GPS compared to the Magellan. My Infiniti GPS absolutely blows my 1 year old T2020 away (ESPECIALLY with POI). They finally came out with an update and want to charge me like $80+ for it (because it now includes the marine and off road maps, etc)... I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT. I just want roads in my city that have been there for years to show up correctly! Don't go making me pay extra $ for the other stuff that I have no interest in...at least give me the option for the road and POI only.

That company seems like they are more interested in selling you a completely new unit than they are keeping existing customers up to date and happy.

Oh well.. sorry I had a moment there... hehe

Rant over.

Thanks for sharing your pics.

omrail

Will af5rn i vacuumed my car as it was very dirty from the Canadian winter and I was some what thinking I would take some pics and I did not what every one to see the mess. The key tag is cool I fund it in a aviation story in Vancouver BC that has anything aviation.

wdz

Feed Provider
Looks very nice. I'd try and neaten up the wires in the back and maybe use some loom but that's being picky. Good job.

Chipster

What kind of mount in on the antenna. I have a 06 Impala LTZ and am thinking about mounting an antenna sticking out over the fender like yours. What/where did you get the mount?

omrail

antenna mount

What kind of mount in on the antenna. I have a 06 Impala LTZ and am thinking about mounting an antenna sticking out over the fender like yours. What/where did you get the mount?

will I got it at a local CB store in Edmonton Alberta. it is similar to what the RCMP and many other police up here us to mount antennas. for the most part it is a L with a hole to get the NMO Hole Mount in. I just found a pic of it (below) I found it at http://www.shultzie.com/agoracart55/agora.cgi?&product=Antennas&xm=on.
hope that helps you out sir

Attachments

• lg_NMO_bracket.gif
    lg_NMO_bracket.gif
    45.9 KB · Views: 894
Status
Not open for further replies.