BCT15 and rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashSWT

Howdy folks,

Our big trunked system down here (Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies) just went through rebanding and I'm having an issue with my BCT15s (firmware 1.06.00). I do not believe this is a programming issue. I'm having no problem with multiple BCD369T, BCD996T or BCD396XT scanners.

Basically what is happening is that the scanner is not "closing" squelch and leaving the frequency after a conversation concludes. The scanner stays parked on the frequency and continues to display the original talkgroup, however what I end up hearing is static or other talkgroups that have now been assigned to that frequency.

Please let me know if I didn't explain that well enough.

The end result is frequent load blaring static and I have to scroll the Func. knob or hit the Scan button to get the scanner to drop back to monitoring the control channel.

Any thoughts? Anyone else seeing similar behavior? Thanks for your time.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Also, be sure Squelch is set to a level high enough to close when the signal stops.

garys

Premium Subscriber
This just came up in a thread somewhere, very recently. I'm pretty sure that the answer is to set the scanner to detect the End Code for Motorola trunking. That's a per site setting, at least when using ARC-XT, but it's probably determined by the scanner, not the software so any software you use should have the option. You can also got into the Menu system on the scanner itself and change the setting that way to test it.

Howdy folks,

Our big trunked system down here (Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies) just went through rebanding and I'm having an issue with my BCT15s (firmware 1.06.00). I do not believe this is a programming issue. I'm having no problem with multiple BCD369T, BCD996T or BCD396XT scanners.

Basically what is happening is that the scanner is not "closing" squelch and leaving the frequency after a conversation concludes. The scanner stays parked on the frequency and continues to display the original talkgroup, however what I end up hearing is static or other talkgroups that have now been assigned to that frequency.

Please let me know if I didn't explain that well enough.

The end result is frequent load blaring static and I have to scroll the Func. knob or hit the Scan button to get the scanner to drop back to monitoring the control channel.

Any thoughts? Anyone else seeing similar behavior? Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.