BCT15 Firmware Update Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

NT5D

I have updated to 1.06. Confirmed using: menu-settings-see scanner info-firmware version.

However, I am unable to edit the motorola bandplan.
Has someone else had the same problem after the upgrade? Is there another step to this?

I did delete the information of the system that was rebanded and re-created it in the scanner.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have updated to 1.06. Confirmed using: menu-settings-see scanner info-firmware version.

However, I am unable to edit the motorola bandplan.
Has someone else had the same problem after the upgrade? Is there another step to this?

I did delete the information of the system that was rebanded and re-created it in the scanner.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
If you are creating the system in the scanner, using the keyboard (not using software), then:
Select MOT (Motorola) as the system type
Then, select 800MHz Custom in the next step.
This will give you the option to enter, or modify, the custom band plan as needed.

If the system is already created in the scanner, as a Motorola Type II, 800MHz (not 800MHz Custom), you won't be able to change it on the scanner.
However, you could always "read" the system information from the scanner into software, such as FreeSCAN. Once you've read the data from the scanner into the software, make your changes. You can change the system type of an existing system in FreeSCAN, then add the band plan, modify, update, or add to any of the talkgroup information, or anything else, then download the updated system information back into the scanner.

NT5D

Your suggestion did work. I had recreated the system using software and was trying to edit it after the fact. Re-building it on the scanner did give me the option to change the band plan.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.