BCT15 Key Pad Not Working,Scanner Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalanalog

None of the keys on the scanner are working,Sq and vol work and function dial works, but none of the other buttons work, I used the factory reset -> hold 2,9 and Hold/Resume then turn on, It set it back to factory and wiped the memory, But I can't program at all.

Yes it received, when factory reset was done I turned the function know to my state (ohio) and it is scanning and receiving just fine.

No, I do not have it hooked up to a computer for programming that way, and if i did it still would not work because you have to be able to access the MENU button and it with all the other as i mentioned do nothing when they are pushed.

I am hoping someone knows why and how to fix this.
Looking for help, Thanks.

digitalanalog

Thank you very much, I read the post you linked to and it's back up and running, It was in fact the ribbon from the display to the PC board that was loose (in my case), I pushed on it slightly and had no luck, then pushed a bit harder and actually herd a small click, as if the ribbon actually pulled itself away from the bottom board, Hooked it all back up and it is working as it should, all buttons are fully operational ounce again.

Thank You.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Thank you very much, I read the post you linked to and it's back up and running, It was in fact the ribbon from the display to the PC board that was loose (in my case), I pushed on it slightly and had no luck, then pushed a bit harder and actually herd a small click, as if the ribbon actually pulled itself away from the bottom board, Hooked it all back up and it is working as it should, all buttons are fully operational ounce again.

Thank You.

You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.