BCT15 LTR and EDAC trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

panderson

I have spent the whole day trying to get the BCT15 to scan the LTR and EDAC system without any luck. I used my BCT898T dat file and the Motorola Type 2 works just fine but cannot get the LTR and EDAC to work. It scans but do not fine anything. If I push hold and rotate the talkgroups I get audio. Never thought I would need to ask this simple question.
What am I missing? Got to be something simple.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
When you set up the system, did you specify an EDACS system? Did you specify the correct frequency LCN order? Are you missing the control channel? Are you running in ID Search mode if you haven't entered any talkgroups in? Failure to do any of these things would cause the problem you are describing.

DaveH

panderson said:
What am I missing? Got to be something simple.

As Ken just said, the programmed frequency order for EDACS (and LTR)
does matter. For Moto systems it dosen't, so that seems to be the common
thread. If you like, tell us specifically one of the systems you want to program
and how you did it.

That said, sometimes the correct EDACS LCN's or LTR HR's (Home Repeaters)
are not known, or are not correct in the Database. I hope this is not the case,
it certainly complicates things.

Dave

aar9sm

Edacs

How did you set it wide or narrow most systems are stanard which is wide if I understand it correctly.

Mike

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
When you setup an EDACS system, the options of wide, narrow, and Scat are available in the menu.

In the midwest, many utilitys use EDACS narrow and Scat, some newer public service systems use EDACS narrow.

panderson

Found the problem

Thanks for all your input. The problem was the LCN got dropped during the converting from the BC898T.dat file. Lightning destroyed the BC898T so cannot go back and check. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.