BCT15 or BC780XLT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cratliff

I am looking to expand my selection of scanners in order to pick up some more activity in my area since there is a ton going on over the radios here in Phoenix. I would like to use my 996t to get the PD and stuff that is in digital and my Pro-95 to get aircraft/airport traffic. I am looking at either the BC780XLT or the BCT15 to add to listen to mainly military ops. There are large MOA's around here as well as a big F16 training base that I would like to listen to. Are there any features that any of you have seen or noticed that isn't really put out in the literature on these scanners? I like that the bct15 is very similar to my 996 so it could be programmed very easily (I use bcTool at the moment). However, I have read that the 780XLT is great in the military bands and is also built like a tank. What are your opinions/experiences/recommendations?
Thanks!!

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Go with the BCT 15

I had a 780.
For many many years, it ruled as the milair king of the house. Since purchasing the bct 15, I can say that it is the new ruler of civil/milair in my home. The sensitivity is awesome. It even comes with a pre-programmed search for the milair band just like the 996. Thats my opinion!

Manny

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Id say BCT15 as well...
It would be a better compliment to your 996.. and looks/features/ are very similar, and would be an easy learning curve.

aar9sm

Bct15

I live in Phoenix and use two BCT15's for Mil-Air and they work very well for me and have a lot more fetaures than the 780.

trixwagen

I miss my 780. Outstanding, however, it is getting a little long in the tooth. Unless you can get a sweetheart deal, go with the 15.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I just upgraded my 780 with a BCT15. I LOVE my new scanner. To me it is 100 times better then the 780.

Status
Not open for further replies.