BCT15 Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

robocop80

Hello All and Happy Holidays,

I would like to pick up a replacement power supply cord for my BCT15. My other AC adapter is no longer working and I was thinking about picking up one from radioshack. Does anyone know if I can use one of there AC Adapters for my BCT15? If so would you be so kind and tell me if I need a 6V or 9V and how many mA?

Thanks,

James

fineshot1

Hello All and Happy Holidays,

I would like to pick up a replacement power supply cord for my BCT15. My other AC adapter is no longer working and I was thinking about picking up one from radioshack. Does anyone know if I can use one of there AC Adapters for my BCT15? If so would you be so kind and tell me if I need a 6V or 9V and how many mA?

Thanks, James

Per the specs below you should be safe with a 12V adapter @ 500mAh with the proper plug & polarity.
The current rating I estimated but you could probably vary that slightly or even go higher on the current
rating as that won't hurt anything by going higher. For some strange reason they don't mention what
the current requirement is.

Power Requirements: DC 11.0V to 16.6V
DC Power Jack: 5.5mm Center Positive

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
My 15 came with a 13.8V 750ma switching PS.

This looks like it would work. Get the proper adapter with it.

This would work fine I'm sure.

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
"M" adaptaplug its got a black tip to it
POSITIVE TIP
13.8 Volt is the included adapter but radio shack doesnt normally have that so 12v is fine.

rvictor

It appears that the Uniden power supply is the AD-1009 which is shown as 750 ma at 13.8 volts so you need one with at least 750 ma. More is okay, less is not.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.