BCT15 Static

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
I have static from my scanner and I am using Pinellas County, Florida Fire/EMS using control channels only and it scans as it should but for some reason it will hang on frequency 860.4625 and I get nothing but static. I locked out this frequency but it keeps coming back. Any ideas as how to stop this? I thought that locking out the frequency would lock it out? Cheers.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Make sure the "End Code" Option is enabled. The voice channel repeater may be hanging up, or there is some interference nearby. If you are close enough to the site, you can attenuate the system so the unit will Trunk. There is no "Digital End Code" detection option for the BCT15.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

keithmj

I have done what I can think of but it still hangs on 860.4625 I have uploaded all the info into the scanner again. I have changed locations and antennas. It doesn't matter what the squelch is set at. I can use control channels only but it still makes no difference. It only does it with the BCT15 scanner and not the BC246T with the same setup..The end code is enabled..Is anyone else having this problem? I have had all kinds of problems with this scanner and I am thinking that the BCT15 scanner isn't that good of a scanner..Cheers.

Firmware version is 1.06.00
I Initialized the scanner and reinstalled everything and will give that a try.

Last edited:

keithmj

Now it will just hang on a frequency and you hear nothing at times. sometimes when it hangs on 860.4625 it has loud static. If it was doing this on all my scanners then I would say that something is interfering with it but the others work OK. It will run for awhile then start doing it.
I was having the problem where it wouldn't pick anything up but it hasn't done that in a long time..I go from one problem to another..Cheers

keithmj

I checked my scanner this morning and it was stuck on a frequency but I noticed that it was on HOLD..How it did that is beyound me..I did the update so when the rebanding occurs I'd be ready and I am thinking that maybe that is the reason why I am having so many problems with it. I think that the update is messed up..Would anyone know who to contact about this? I noticed on the Uniden website that there was a previous update that was suppose to correct this.."Fix "Stops on Control Channel" issue for Motorola systems." apparently it still is a problem..Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.