BCT15/ Stuck Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul-W

Greetings,
For the past week now, I have noticed that when I park my BCT15 on a talkgroup, It will start receiving other talkgroups on the same Motorola Trunk radio system. Is this a common probelm with this scanner and is there a fix for this problem? Thanks for your help and feedback.

Paul-W

This has now happened three times. I'll leave the radio parked on one talkgroup and within a couple of hours, all of a sudden it is getting other talkgroups bleeding over to the one that I have the radio parked on. I have never seen this happen on other scanner radios that are designed for listening to trunk radio systems.

hai_akeeba

Possibly a repeater hanging on a certain frequency in the system. Not noticed until the held talk group is assigned to that repeater. Happens frequently on the Delaware Statewide TRS. If the radio has the end code option, enable same.

Paul-W

The radio temperatures are ok. The repeater hangup might be the problem.. When I notice this problem, I will switch it to another talkgroup and then put it back to the one it was on before ,it then works fine. Thanks.

n2mdk

Does the system your talking about use more than one Control Channel, could it possibly be that it happens when there is a change in the CC. Just a sort of guess on my part. On radios like the Pro-97 it completely stops tracking altogether if your locked on a TGID and the CC changes while it is.

Paul-W

I use the radio to monitor the Milwaukee County Trunked radio system. It is a Motorola Type 2, analog system. They change the control channels twice a day at 12:00noon and then at 12:00 midnight. I never thought of this, but I guess this can be the source of the problem. I have parked it on a talkgroup in the past right befor the control channel changes and it kept working fine after the change of control channels. I will have to keep a closer eye on this to see if this is the problem. Thanks.

qlajlu

Silent Key
The times you experienced the problem, were you on the same TG? Does it only seem to happen on a particular TG?

Paul-W

This has happened on another talkgroup as well. I usually leave it on TG 33636, Shorewood Police ,and on talkgroup 22416, Milwaukee County Sheriffs dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.