BCT15: TID Wildcards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_D

Hi all,

Am I to understand from the BearTracker presets in the BCT15 that TIDs may employ wildcards, a la "05----"? The manual says nothing of this. If I employ such a wildcard, will it:

• compete with explicitly defined TIDs (e.g., "05-001"), or
  • complement explicitly defined TIDs (catching only undefined TIDs), or
  • process by order of TIDs as they appear in the channel group, whereby the first match "wins?"

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Dave

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
For EDACS ID's in the ASF talkgroup mode, Owners Manual page 28:

Agency-Fleet-Subfleet — talk group ID’s for EDACS systems are assigned in a way that makes it easy to see at a glance the affiliation of the user. Each radio is assigned a 2-digit agency identifier from 00 - 15. For example, 01 might be used by the police, 02 by the ambulance service, 03 by the fire department, and so on. Each agency is then subdivided up to 16 times to provide fleet identification, and then 8 more times to identify subfleets.

For example, the complete AFS for the Police Department West District’s dispatch channel might be 01-062. 01 identifies the agency as the police department, 06 identifies the fleet as the West district, and 2 identifies the subfleet as the dispatch channel. While these assignments are somewhat arbitrary and vary from system to system, there are many resources on the web for finding the assignments for most systems. Because of the logical hierarchy of the AFS system, your BCT15 lets you assign wildcard ID’s that let you, for example, use only one ID memory to identify all units in either an agency or a fleet.

Dave_D

Thank you, Dave.

In deference to the firefighters on this forum, I'm gonna torch this manual and douse the flames with beer (apres digeste). That is, "pee-pee." Searching the PDF is the only way to find anything. I only hope this sacrifice will spare me an emberrassing "RTFM."

Then again, I've since scoured the PDF -- can't fool me twice -- and see no mention of wildcard implementation or conflict-resolution. [We know how to implement wildcards through dissection of the presets.] But what happens if I have, say, "Police: 05----" and "SWAT: 05-010" in the same system? I can only assume that channel order is critical (e.g., put the "wildest" wildcard TGIDs last).

Wish I knew for sure....

Thanks again.

Dave

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Dave_D said:
Then again, I've since scoured the PDF -- can't fool me twice -- and see no mention of wildcard implementation or conflict-resolution. [We know how to implement wildcards through dissection of the presets.] But what happens if I have, say, "Police: 05----" and "SWAT: 05-010" in the same system? I can only assume that channel order is critical (e.g., put the "wildest" wildcard TGIDs last).

Your talking about the "XPAND" feature that was intoduced on the BC245XLT EDACS AFS.
If you want the wildcard for the police fleet use 05. "E" to enter, 05.01 "E" for the sub-fleet, or you can "blockout" the fleet or subfleet by pressing L/O after the digit. This should work in all the Uniden TrunkTrackers with EDACS AFS, with the exception of the dynamic memory scanners, such as the BCT15, would need the fleet/subfleet entered, then the "set lockout" function would need to be changed to lockout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.