Bct15 Usad

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmonty83

Ok this is weird..

I have just decided to program some additional banks into my BCT15. Well I used the software, as I did before, and when I try to scan just that system/group it says nothing to scan. I confirmed in bothe the software and the scanner that there are indeed frequencies, ID's, PL's and so forth programmed into that system. I have also verified that the system and group are not locked out. Any one experience this??

dave

CommRX

dmonty83 said:
Ok this is weird..

I have just decided to program some additional banks into my BCT15. Well I used the software, as I did before, and when I try to scan just that system/group it says nothing to scan. I confirmed in bothe the software and the scanner that there are indeed frequencies, ID's, PL's and so forth programmed into that system. I have also verified that the system and group are not locked out. Any one experience this??

dave

Do you have quick keys programmed for those systems? If I remember correctly, you can have a system "unlocked", but if the quick key for that system is off, it will not scan.

dmonty83

hi

yes I do have quick keys assigned. They are numbers 6 and 7. I do see those numbers on the bottom of the screen so I know that they are active.

dave

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, the next would be, are the channel groups in those systems enabled and unlocked and are any of the channels in one of the enabled/unlocked channel groups unlocked?

dmonty83

I am looking at the BCT15 USAD and within the 'System Editor' the Lockout says UNLOCKED. From within the 'Group Information' window all the channels are unlocked. It just doesn't make any sense.

dave

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Does the channel group L/O for each channel group also say "Unlocked"?

Have you assigned Group Quick Keys to the channel groups? If so, have you enabled those group quick keys for that system?

If yes to all, how about zipping up your config and attaching it. Then we can see exactly what you've done.

dmonty83

yes to all of those...

I have e-mailed you the config. You will notice that banks 1,2,3,4 all work fine. It is banks 5 & 6 that will not scan.

dave

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You'll need to attach them to this discussion thread. I didn't get the files by email (plus, if I'm busy and you post it here there are dozens of other folks who might get to it and solve your problem before I get a chance...)

CommRX

In your zone 5 system, the group quick key is off.

In your zone 6 system, the group quick key is off.

If you scroll to the systems 5 and 6, you will see astericks below the S0 display.

Hit hold, then function, scroll to the zone 5 system, and hit "5" then scroll to zone 6 system, and hit "6" while function is still displayed.

Your system quick keys are enabled, your GROUP quick keys for zones 5 and 6 are disabled.

If you do not want to do this manually, then remove the quick keys from the "Group" settings.

It works fine after that adjustment. I changed it both by hand, and by software.

dmonty83

I just checked my software and I have a 5 and a 6 in the Group quick key. I however as I was reattemtping your suggested steps, I realized that I had enabled both group quick key and system key. Obviously using the same quick key for both the system and group dosen't work...der

Thanks guys

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you've got it solved. However, there should be no problem using the same SQK and GQK. SQKs are accessed by pressing the number keys during scanning. GQKs are accessed by pressing FUNC while scanning the system, then pressing the GQK while continuing to hold FUNC.

Status
Not open for further replies.