BCT15X accessing channels via number tag across Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edelweiss

Author of: Scanning the UK Airbands with the Beast
Hi, when on Hold I try to access a channel in a different system. The channel has a confirmed number tag allocation, checked by using scanner menus and also via ProScan that I use.
I can't get this to work. Does the to-be-accessed system need to be active?
If I enter say 6.60 MENU according to the instructions I get "System Number Tag 6.60 is not Stored" "Press any key".
When I go into system 6 and access it directly it works, also proving it is programmed. Any ideas? Probably a stupid user error.

Thanks

Mike

mc48

Premium Subscriber
If it's like with the SDS you need to channel hold then favorites list tag. system tag. channel tag then hold again.

Edelweiss

If it's like with the SDS you need to channel hold then favorites list tag. system tag. channel tag then hold again.
It's in the manual as per the attached file. That is what I am doing and it does not work.
Don't know about favourites.

Thanks anyway.
MikeCTAG.JPG

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Check that the 4 is entered in the correct location. I just set up my 396XT with a tag and you need to be in that system for it to work, so to answer your question I would say the system needs to be on.
I didn't even know the 396 had the tag option so now I'm going to program them all in. Have you read the Marks easier to read manual?

wscranston

You're sure you have a number tag assigned to the system? Hold on any channel in the system and press the scroll knob. The system and channels tags will be displayed in the upper right corner.

Edelweiss

OK, user error of course! I am struggling with this thing, changing from old conventional radios. I was using the System Quick Key instead of the System Number Tag (which as you said was not assigned). Why there are so many parallel IDs that do something very slightly different needs to still sink in. I really need to think about strategy of the layout and channel access. This is NOT simple. I can understand why people are having a hard time with this, the lack of a proper paper manual is also contributing to this. Thank you! M

Status
Not open for further replies.