BCT15X: BCT15x assistance

CWR2024

Premium Subscriber
Helo All !!!
I'm a new here in this p;atform ! , I like the scanner world , so , i just wanna help program my BCT15x , just got yesterday !
I had my old ones from Radio Shack , sice Radio Shack close down its doors permanently , it's kind hard to find a new scanner , im having troulbel top program it , this one is kind complicated compared with old ones that you only put frequencies and that's it !
I ned a help , thank you !

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Consider using software to program it as well. Proscan and Butel ARC XT are popular options. The Butel option is more of a "dumbed-down" software, Proscan is more advanced with more options.

If you become a RR premium subscriber you can import straight from the database on here. It makes it go a lot faster if there is a lot you want to program in

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Virginia beach, all you can get on that non trunking, non digital scanner are the ones listed under MODE column of FMN, that's all.

911 and services use digital trunking -> Overlay Regional InterOperability Network (ORION) Trunking System, Various, Virginia
I see police are all encrypted under MODE as DE, no one can tune them in. Rest that are D or T are in the clear.

From what I see from here you need a Phase II scanner and the 15X will not work much at all for your area.
IMHO I would return that scanner, then shop for
Uniden model’s that are digital, prices lowest to highest:
325P2, 996P2, 436HP, Home Patrol2, 536HP, SDS 100, SDS 200

996P2 is closest to what you have now, just need it programmed.

Far as programming look at YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=uniden+bct15x+programming

996p2 programming https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=996p2+programming

Much easier with software, Videos FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Virginia Beach is right next to Norfolk so hearing military comms isn't out of the question

Mike