BCT15X: BCT15X Back Serial Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

xantegh

Gents,

I do understand that the port in the back of the BCT15X cannot be used to update the firmware, but I have read as well that this RS232 port can be at least used for logging using the available softwares such as FreeScan or proScan, which is my intention.

If my understanding is correct, would you please guide me to the right NULL modem cable as required plus any additional hw necessary?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Gents,

I do understand that the port in the back of the BCT15X cannot be used to update the firmware, but I have read as well that this RS232 port can be at least used for logging using the available softwares such as FreeScan or proScan, which is my intention.

If my understanding is correct, would you please guide me to the right NULL modem cable as required plus any additional hw necessary?

Any Null Modem Adapter or cable will work. Some may be tagged as "no hardware handshaking", "loopback handshaking", "partial handshaking", "full handshaking", etc. Disregard all that. The scanner doesn't use any type of hand shaking signals, just the RX and TX signals. All null modem adapters & cables rolls pins 2 and 3 which are the TX and RX signals.

as "

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
@SIGG I have seen a previous thread where you posted the following cable. did it work for you? did you need any additional hardware for just logging using FreeScan or ProScan?

Amazon.com: Sabrent USB 2.0 to Serial (9-Pin) DB-9 RS-232 Converter Cable, Prolific Chipset, Hexnuts, [Windows 10/8.1/8/7/VISTA/XP, Mac OS X 10.6 and Above] 2.5 Feet (CB-DB9P): Computers & Accessories

The cable spec doesn't mention that it is a null modem type so you will need a null modem adapter to use with it or choose a USB to RS-232 adapter with a built in null modem adapter.

Ubbe

Usually all rs232 serial connectors that are male are not null modem and the female ones are null modem, if they have two female connectors or one end is USB with built in converter.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.