BCT15X Display Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
I was just wondering something. I bought a BCT15X directly from Uniden last week 9/14/2011. And looking at all the pictures on their web site, on the side of the box it was shipped in and everywhere else like even Marks scanner manual, my display is different. I was just wondering if I was shipped an old or new style or what. It is firmware version 1.03.00. Is the display part of the firmware?

Marks scanner Easy to read Manual mentions...
Disp. Unit ID:(Requires firmware 1.04 or newer). Allows you see the unit ID of the radio currently transmitting on Motorola, EDACS, and APCO P25 systems.

My v1.03.00 does display the unit ID. Is that a typo? Uniden list v1.03 as the latest version.
Below are the pics of my scanner and the ones uniden shows. Notice the time of day on the upper right and the scan direction arrow. My arrow is on the right. Just wondering if everyone’s is the same as mine.

Uniden's Picture:

BCT15X.jpg

My Screen:

MyScanner.jpg

:confused:

garys

Premium Subscriber
I think it's a typo. My 15X has firmware 1.03.00 and it displays UID for trunk systems.

As to the display, that's an artist depiction, probably from pre production specs. No clock and you are right, the arrow is on the right side of the second line of the display. Of course instead of the clock you get a signal strength meter and either squelch or volume display when you change one of those.

Last edited:

McP

Mine is the same as yours. I've had it for over a year now.

Below are the pics of my scanner and the ones uniden shows. Notice the time of day on the upper right and the scan direction arrow. My arrow is on the right. Just wondering if everyone’s is the same as mine.

dhollands

I have a bcd996xt, but the Uniden picture appears to be the GPS display. You need to connect a GPS via a serial port to get the direction and time information.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
I think dhollands is on to something, I don't have a gps hooked up. I wonder if the arrow moves to left side because the right side is used for other gps things like the time ect.

KD4JAF

Mine as well, so I guess the next question would be, is there anyone with a GPS hooked up to their 15X that could submit a picture of your display ?

dhollands

I think the arrow is actually pointing the direction to the point of interest (waypoint, saved location). I use an old garmin Emap gps with my 996xt.

Doug.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Others here have it correct. It is what the display looks like with the GPS plugged in.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
This is how the GPS Screen looks on my BCD996XT:

6176676230_fd4b59392e_z.jpg

I am sure the BCT15xt looks similar.

Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.