BCT15X Firmware problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tajens

Premium Subscriber
I though I'd update the firmware in my BCT15X using the BCVUP 3 update. I picked the BCT15 by mistake with ver. 1.06 software.It started to upload and then, as you might guess, stopped. I'm left with a blank screen. Is there something I can do to reset it? I held the L/O and the 6 down, plugged in the power cord and got it to light up but that's all it will do

Thanks

Redneck0410

Copied directly from Mark's Scanners' Easier To Read Manual for the BCT15X:
Scanner Reset to initialize the scanner's memory, turn off the scanner. Then press 2, 9, and Hold while turning it on (remember the game called Twister?). The scanner will give you the option 'Restore Preprogram List? "Yes"=E/No="."', if you press 'E/Yes', the scanner reloads the preprogrammed systems.
Important! This deletes all programmed data.

Unplug your data cable before doing this.

tajens

Premium Subscriber
Thanks but 2,9, hold didn't work. I can hear it click on but the light won't even come on. I tried a couple times just to make sure I was holding the buttons down.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And I do believe UPMan has stated that if you have a failure, you must start right from the beginning. Don't skip anything

GL...Mike

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I though I'd update the firmware in my BCT15X using the BCVUP 3 update. I picked the BCT15 by mistake with ver. 1.06 software.It started to upload and then, as you might guess, stopped. I'm left with a blank screen. Is there something I can do to reset it? I held the L/O and the 6 down, plugged in the power cord and got it to light up but that's all it will do

Thanks

This is a reply from UPMan from a previous incident of wrong software being applied to a scanner:

There are checks in place (based on file name) to prevent applying the wrong firmware to a scanner...

Different scanners were involved in that thread, but the fix ... as others have said ... was to re-apply the correct firmware following all of the steps exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.