BCT15X Fleet Maps Help Needed Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

juskorfus

I have programmed my BCT15X for The City of Pensacola, FL - BUT - I can not get the Fleet Map right for some reason? When selecting either a preset Fleet Map or a Custom map, the BCT15X will not accept the standard DEC OR HEX ID's??? It shows something like 000-12 or other IDs? And if I try to enter the ID's used such as 80 or 00080, it says "Invalid" talk group. When set for ID search it shows something like the 000-12 etc... but I do not know how to identify which talk group this is as it is not listed in RR anywhere? I have ALWAYS just entered the "regular" TG ID's such as 80 or 112 etc, on all my other scanners like the PRO-97 or PRO-164 etc... I am stumped here.

Any help on "converting" the the fleet map 1 ID's such as the 000-12 to something like 00080 or a "HEX" like 005 etc would be greatly appreciated.

you can reach me @ kg4bvd at bellsouth dot net as I do not check the forums but once every couple weeks.

Thanks in advance for any/all help. I guess I am going to have to learn how trunking works from the "ground up" all over again since I have gone to DMA type scanners over legacy scanners.

Walter - kg4bvd

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Pensacola does not have any Type I TGIDs. The fleetmap should be set to all zeros.

kilowa22

According to the database Pensacola is a Motorola Type II TRS so you do not have to program any Fleet maps. The numbers you give are talk groups numbers and not Fleet map numbers. Go back to the Fleet map settings and select Custom then set the Block Code 0 through 7 to 0 (zero).
Then go to Edit Group > New Group > Edit Channel > New Channel then add the TGID's there.

juskorfus

Thanks

Pensacola does not have any Type I TGIDs. The fleetmap should be set to all zeros.

I can't figure out how to do this? How would I set it to all zeros? I was using the cable to program the scanner before, I had a PC crash and now freescan will not communicate with the scanner, so i am doing it all manually and the CD-ROM "manual" if you want to call it that, is very vague on "how to" with this scanner.... I am about ready to make this scanner an expensive clay pigeon for my automatic 12 gauge ;-) or drop it out of the Cessna next time I skydive.
Thanks,
Walter

Status
Not open for further replies.