Freescan: bct15x freescan issue

abr02

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a Uniden BCT 15x and downlaoded Free Scan from the link in the above reply. When I try to import the Radio Reference conventional data base and log in and prompts with an error message saying -error retrieving data from Radio Reference. Verify your internet connection, account status, and try again. Which I have done. Now I know the 15x is not digital, but when I select import Radio Reference Trunked I get signed right in. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks!

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
I just bought a Uniden BCT 15x and downlaoded Free Scan from the link in the above reply. When I try to import the Radio Reference conventional data base and log in and prompts with an error message saying -error retrieving data from Radio Reference. Verify your internet connection, account status, and try again. Which I have done. Now I know the 15x is not digital, but when I select import Radio Reference Trunked I get signed right in. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks!
Please post a link to the RR entry that doesn’t work. It’s not DMR or NXDN by any chance is it?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Which FreeSCAN version are you using?

There was an "updated" version, done by another RR member, to try & get FreeSCAN brought up to date. (The original author of the software is no longer supporting it.)
The version linked on that page, 2.19, has an uncorrected issue. While trunked system importing works, conventional systems import does not, and never has (for that specific version). The update was trying to add some corrected support for DMR systems.

Go to this page, instead, & download version 2.18-b6. That version works for both conventional as well as trunked systems.

Looking at your county's database page, it appears that most of the agencies are using analog conventional channels. However, I do see a P25 Phase II system listed for your county, but no talkgroups have been submitted. As you know, if any agencies have actually moved to that system, you will not be able to monitor them with your BCT15X.

abr02

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Steve, yeah I am fortunate that most of the county is still analog, as well as Santa Barbara Counties. I will try this other version and remove the one I have downloaded.
Thanks again!