BCT15X intermittent audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

modnar

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone!

I'm new.

And I'm probably in over my head.

I picked up a Uniden BCT15X last week and have begun the daunting task of programming to my liking. The challenge I have overcome so far is getting the scanner to only scan the channels I program. I have had to lockout all the bands in order to do this. If anybody has a better way of telling the scanner to just scan the one system every time I turn it on, I'm listening. I'm sure there's got to be an easier way...

Onto my actual question...

When I eventually got the scanner to listen to my local police dispatch, I noticed that every ~1.5-2 seconds the audio signal would cut out for ~.5 seconds. This seems to be a reception problem, as the bars at the top of the display indicate no signal being received (i think). I'm using the antenna that came with the scanner, fully extended sitting on my desk. The Baofeng UV-5 with rubber ducky antenna gets a perfect signal from this same spot. I've tried to use both freescan and proscan to program so far. I think I like proscan better. I'll buy the license if I can just get this thing to like me.

Anybody have any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

ChrisABQ

You need to pick a serial to USB adapter to be able to program the radio. You can get one for $20 at Bestbuy.

You also need Freescan software which makes it a world easier to program from a computer. Downloads - Sixspot Software

Lastly, that delay is from the priority scan. You need to turn that off to eliminate that pause.

Audio cuts out

When I eventually got the scanner to listen to my local police dispatch, I noticed that every ~1.5-2 seconds the audio signal would cut out for ~.5 seconds. This seems to be a reception problem, as the bars at the top of the display indicate no signal being received (i think). I'm using the antenna that came with the scanner, fully extended sitting on my desk.

Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

Turn off any "Priority mode", including Weather.

modnar

Premium Subscriber
You need to pick a serial to USB adapter to be able to program the radio. You can get one for $20 at Bestbuy.

You also need Freescan software which makes it a world easier to program from a computer. Downloads - Sixspot Software

Lastly, that delay is from the priority scan. You need to turn that off to eliminate that pause.

Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

Turn off any "Priority mode", including Weather.

Using Proscan to look at settings. I didn't find any priority modes besides weather. Weather was already turned off. I did find a close call setting override that I turned off. I think that may have solved my problem. I'm hearing complete messages now. Thanks for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.