BCT15x issues.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertherp

Hi folks...I'm new to this forum (but been scanning for a while, my first scanner was a Bearcat IV with 8 crystals, thought I was king of the world with that!). Anyway, I've been using an old Radio Shack PRO-2048 for the past few years, which was good enough for most of what I listen to (local PD and Fire, keep it on top of the fridge for background noise mostly). I decided it was time to upgrade, so I can pick up some of the local trunking frequencies, and enable PL tones to weed out a lot of the bleed over, so I bought a BCT15X a few weeks ago. I was proud of myself that I could actually figure it out, and programmed it pretty easily using Freescan. I like a lot of the features on this scanner, but have real issues with the transmissions cutting out during priority scan mode. I only have about 300 frequencies programmed, and only 4 priority channels. The Beartracker and Close Call are de-activated. When scanning non-priority frequencies, the scanner really skips out band and cuts out transmissions when it scans the priority channels. It's very annoying. On my old PRO-2048, you just hear a little click but it's hardly noticeable. Is this the nature of the beast? If it is, I'm returning it to Amazon where I bought it or I'll sell it and get something else. Any recommendations? Thanks and I appreciate any help.

RogerH11

Priority scanning really sucks. Why don't you use the 2048 for priority scanning and the 15 for everything else? You do realize that you are skipping out to check 4 different freqs. and that takes awhile?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.