BCT15X Latest Firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
The wiki as well as other searches show the latest 15X firmware as 1.03.0, however, I recently purchased one with 1.05.03 and would like to bring the second scanner up to the same.

From the wiki:
What are the most current firmware releases for the trunktracking radios?

Model Firmware Version
BCT15X 1.03.00

Screenshots of both 15X's:

Attachments

• fwrev.gif
    fwrev.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 1,921

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The wiki as well as other searches show the latest 15X firmware as 1.03.0, however, I recently purchased one with 1.05.03 and would like to bring the second scanner up to the same.

From the wiki:
What are the most current firmware releases for the trunktracking radios?

Model Firmware Version
BCT15X 1.03.00

Screenshots of both 15X's:

There have been several other threads on this. Newer shipping units have a higher firmware version than what is available from Uniden's Twiki page.

BCT15XFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Until that page is updated, 1.03.00 is the latest you can use for updating older units.

Last edited:

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Guess I missed those threads. The new unit is snappier than the old one and thought I would update it in case it might make a difference.

hbdean

Premium Subscriber
I purchased the BCT15x with 1.05 already on it and without verifying updated it to the 1.03 and the unit WILL NOT WORK...So all new users beware to check your firmware first. If you "downgrade" the unit will not work....And, surprisingly I see this issue was first reported back in November. Do you mean Uniden has still not released the 105. update to the public yet. This is concerning to a new scanner enthusiast......They don't even offer weekend tech support to discuss it with them....

Last edited:

w4rp

Premium Subscriber
I bought 2 units this month - one is 1.05.03 and the other is 1.03.02

can fine no place that will allow 1.03 unit to be upgraded to the 1.05 versiojn

w4rp

Premium Subscriber
are you asking if i loaded the version 1.03.02 which is posted on the web site on to the one with 1.05.03, then answer is no - some stated they tried that and it does not work. I believe them. At any rate, I see no reason to downgrade.

OR, are you suggesting that the BC_VUP secretly has Ver 1.05.03 and only says it is still 1.03.02?

I am confused. VER 3 of BC_VUP comes back with "no firmware for BCT15X" i have 2 of those.
I also have 2 BCD996p2s , both of which have different serial numbers, BC_VUP 3 comes back with an upgrade but just hangs when doing the upgrade to either one.

can anyone point to version 2 of BC_VUP so i can give that a go?

this is frustrating

Last edited:

w4rp

Premium Subscriber
Not Found

The requested URL /twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTFirmwareUpdate/BC_VUP_V3_02_01.zip was not found on this server.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know of any news on the BCT15X firmware? Like the OP, I recently bought one of these brand new, and it came with the 1.05.03 firmware installed. Yet the most recent firmware on Uniden's BCT15X firmware page is STILL 1.03.00, despite the Twiki page apparently having been updated on Sept 3, 2015. This seems kind of odd, like they just completely forgot about this model, even though it's still in production. I mean, this doesn't really affect me, but what about all the folks who would like to update their 15X to the newer firmware but have no way to do it? Upman, what's up? By the way, what a GREAT scanner this is for the price! It now goes for about $130 brand new on Amazon. Holy cow! That's remarkable for what is essentially an analog 996XT. If you don't need P25 then I can't recommend this scanner enough!

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Updated mine with version 1.05.03 today. Just download the Firmware tool, select the Model, and which Firmware you want to inject, and be happy :)

Blackink

So I see this site: BCT15XFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki, still has the 1.03.00 version listed and that was updated 03 Sept. 2015, PaulOpitz.

Are you saying that if we follow these directions: Download, unzip, and install BC_VUP_V3_03_00.zip. Run the BC_VUP3 utility and follow the on-screen instructions, that'll it will install version 1.05.03?

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Yes, it works. The Firmware Tool has the updated 1.05.03. Download the tool, and run it. select your scanner model, and which firmware you with to upgrade to.

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
Yes, it works. The Firmware Tool has the updated 1.05.03. Download the tool, and run it. select your scanner model, and which firmware you with to upgrade to.

This is good to know, thanks. Will do it this weekend.

Blackink

Just to make sure I understand, are you saying that the BC_VUP_V3_03_00.zip IS the firmware tool?
Or is the firmware tool in that zip file?

Thanks.....

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Done!

Just updated all 3 of mine without a problem. Tool made it nice and simple. Does anyone know what the changes / fixes are in this latest version?

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.