BCT15X New Owner with Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShotgunShells

Premium Subscriber
Basically I need to know if the stock telescoping antenna is sufficient or should I upgrade? Not much 800Mhz stuff I listen to. I know it's got a different hook up than my BCD396XT. I think it's a pretty awesome little radio just trying to fetch signals a little farther out than my home county.

Rob_K

Feed Provider
It is worth trying. If you want to "reach" farther, you should look at outdoor antennas.

In the last 18 months, I went from stock, to st-2 in attic to st-2 on a 15ft mast on roof. Next is better feed cable to antenna. Each upgrade has improved performance greatly.

ShotgunShells

Premium Subscriber
Well I don't really have the option for an outdoor antenna. Just wondering if I added a Diamond RH77CA if it would beat the stock one.

Rob_K

Feed Provider
Gotcha. I don't have any experience with that Diamond antenna. I had pretty good luck with stock one but upgraded to the outdoor to hear some stuff that was farther away.

Hopefully someone with some experience with that antenna can help you out.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
The Diamond RH77CA is a good antenna.If you want to use it on your scanner (the BCT15X) you have to use a 90° BNC female to BNC male elbow part.

BNC Adapters

Click the link and you will find the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.